Chapter 45- You Heard Wrong

That hour long car ride back home was the longest hour of my whole fucking life

That hour long car ride back home was the longest hour of my whole fucking life. It was awkward because the tension between Ember and me. It was sickening because Hazyl took my original plan for Scott and Ayla in her own fucking hands. And she twisted and added to it. She made my plan go from a ten to a fucking one hundred.

For once, I didn't feel like ripping off Scott's head. He actually wasn't one of my problems. We were just chilling.

I didn't get home until one this morning.

I should be fucking pissed off at Clutch for leaving us stranded on the fucking side of the road but... I'm not. Despite Scott and me getting fucking kidnapped, which nobody knew was going to happen to us. So I can't blame anyone for that, well except the fucking asshole that did it.

In some weird way we actually worked together and got ourselves out of the situation.

Scott was right, we do kind of, in a way do make somewhat of a good team. I'm not saying that I'm one hundred percent team Scott but I'm willing to put my differences to the side and... I don't know, maybe see what happens, I guess.

Oh fuck! Shit, I almost forgot about the damn bet. What the hell am I gonna do? I'm not quitting, no fucking way. I guess, I have to keep going through with it. I can still put up with Scott and continue the whole Ayla thing. Ugh, this whole fucking thing is fucked up. I'm going to hell, that's for sure.

Anyway, all the fighting, getting kidnapped and walking the roads must've caught up to me because I fricken slept almost all night. No nightmares.

After I shower and get ready for the day, I go downstairs. I walk in the kitchen, I see Mom at the stove, cooking. Davis is sitting at the breakfast bar reading the newspaper. The moment I step in the kitchen both Mom and Davis stop what they're doing and look at me. Mom drops the spatula and rushes over to me, grabs my face and examines my light bruised eye. My father of course could care less. He lightly chuckles then goes back to looking at the newspaper. Asshole.

"Kain! Oh my God, honey, what happened to your face? Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere else?" Mom asks me a million damn questions.

I roll my eyes and pull out of her hold. "No, Mom, I'm fine."

Mom looks at me with worry in her features. I didn't see either of my parents when I got home last night. So, that's why Mom's acting like this. She's just now seeing my black eye.

"Well, what happened?" Mom crosses her arms over her chest.

I walk to the counter next to the fridge and grab a apple out of the fruit bowl then I turn, lean my backside against the counter and face my parents. "I, uh... W-" I stammer but Davis cuts me off.

"The truth too. And don't twist it around either. Clutch called me after the game so I already know the story." Davis' voice comes from behind the newspaper.