Chapter 61- Pretty Please?

"Does anyone know who we're playing against tomorrow?" Myles asks

"Plattsburgh." Luke answers.

We just got out of the last class of the day. Luke, Myles and me are on our way to Boo's locker.  We turn the hallway that Boo and Ayla's locker is on. I look down the hall, through the people and spot Ayla at her locker. I speed walk towards her and come up behind her. I put my hands on her hips and spin her around to face me.

"Wha-" Ayla says confused but I shut her up by smashing out lips together.

I stick my tongue in her mouth and really kiss her. I hear some low murmurs and peoples light whispers but I don't give a fuck. They don't matter right now. Fuck them.

I slowly pull away and look at Ayla with hooded eyes. Ayla's cheeks turn a light shade of pink, meaning she's blushing. She looks around at the bystanders and hides her face in my chest.

"What's wrong?" I ask and rub her back.

"People are staring." Ayla whispers up at me.

I look to my left then my right and people are indeed staring at us. I stick up my middle finger at them and mouth 'Fuck off' and it solves that problem. I look down at Ayla. Who is still hiding her face in my chest. "There. Now all those fucking creeps aren't looking anymore."

Ayla picks up her head and sees for herself then she looks up at me. "Thank you."

I lean down a bit and quickly peck her on the lips. I wait for Ayla to gather whatever she needs out of her locker then we head to go outside. On the way, I side glance at Ayla but she doesn't notice. I slowly intertwine our fingers and we walk hand in hand out to the bus stop.

All the years I've been coming to this school, I have never walked through these halls while holding a girls hand. I always thought it was dumb but holding Ayla's hand, gives me a good feeling. I can't describe it. But knowing that people know that Ayla and I are together, makes everything easier. Now the fuckheads around here, won't mess with Ayla because she's with me. I'll protect her to the ends of the earth, I hope she knows that.

We get outside at the bus stop and I lean my back against the brick half wall. "Are you working today?"

"No. I took the day off." Ayla says.

Ayla works at Scott's Moms cafe everyday, except on Sundays. We both have that day free. She works for two hours after school and five hours on Saturday. I've never been there but Ayla tells me about it all the damn time. She always wants me to go there and see her but I make up some lame fucking excuse not to.

Ayla stands in front of me, facing me. I stand up straight and move a strand of her hair out of her face. "Do you want me to pick you up at your house after I get done with practice?"

Ayla thinks about it for a second then she shakes her head. "No. Actually, I was planning on doing something but I'll text you when I get home and you can come over."