Chapter 99- There Goes My Life

Everyones eyes are on me

Everyones eyes are on me. Fuck, I've tried so fucking hard, with everything in me, to prevent this exact moment from happening. I know that if I open my mouth right now, I'll absolutely break Ayla's heart. Fuck, I hate my life. I hate the way I am, why the fuck am I like this? Why the fuck did I think this would be fun?

"Yeah, I second that." I recognize Grey's voice from behind me.

I fucking hate how they're all getting a kick out of this. The most darkened moment of my life and my supposed 'Friends' are having a goddam field day. They think this is all a joke and they're laughing, while I'm preparing myself for the heartbreak I'm about to endure.

"Go on, Kain. Tell her." Hazyl pushes.

I slowly reach forward and take Ayla's small hands in mine and I bore into her eyes. "I will tell you but not here. Let's go out into the hallway or somewhere we can be alone." I plead.

"No, Kain. Just tell me." Ayla urges with tears already in her eyes and her voice is shaky.

Fuck. I can't stand the look on her face anymore, I force myself to look away. I slightly and slowly nod my head. I take in a deep breath then release it. "I... I- I'm so sorry." I decide to start off with.

This is what I was afraid of. Everything would've been so much easier if it wasn't Ayla. Someone else who I didn't give a fuck about. Why do we have to fall in love? Why do we have to get so attached to someone? Because in the end, people always leave. Nobody ever stays. I fucking hate myself for what I did to Ayla, but I hate myself even more for letting her completely in and letting myself be vulnerable and love her. I let her in and her flipped my world upside down. She splashed color in my life, she lit the flame in me, she healed me, all the while I was ruining her.

I hold Ayla's hand tighter. "Ayla, you have to remember that this was before I got to know you, the real you." I can't bare to look her in the eyes so I stare at her nose.

"Tell me." Her voice comes out as a whisper.

I let out a long sigh. "Y- you know how much I hated Scott, right? Well, when he joined the team, I wanted to do everything in my power to make him quit. The bastard was a lot tougher than I imagined, so I came up with a plan... You." I pause and finally look into Ayla's eyes. Her eyes are red and her bottom lip is quivering. I open my mouth but close it. I can't do this to her.

"Go on." Grey encouraged and I can literally hear the fucking smile in his voice.

"At first, I came up with a small idea. To really mess with Scott. I-"

"What was the idea?" Ayla asks.

"I was just going to get friendly with you. Hangout with you, talk to you, but... then my idea got bumped up a few notches. Me, the boys, Hazyl and Ember, we all chipped in and came up with a new plan then... they put money down. I had to be in a full relationship with you." The words get lodged in my throat. The bile in my throat feels so big it might fucking choke me. At this point, Ayla has a full steam of tears pouring down her face. "O- Once I completed that, the bet changed..."