Chapter 15- By 2 Months

We drive in silence for the majority of the way to the Restaurant

  We drive in silence for the majority of the way to the Restaurant. Ayla's just staring out the passenger window, her hands on her lap and one leg is pulled under her. I decide to take Ayla to a nice restaurant but I'm going to keep it a secret as to where I'm taking her.

I pull onto the street that has most of the restaurants. We drive a short distance then when we're about to pass Red Lobster, I put my blinkers on and slow down. Once the coast is closer, I turn left and pull into Red Lobster's parking lot.

  I guess 10:15pm is the best time to come here because there's not to many cars in the parking lot. I park my car almost at the front.

I shut the car off, pull the key out of the ignition, put the keys in my pocket then I slowly look over at Ayla. She looks around, leans forward to see the big Red Lobster sign at the front of the building then she looks at me with a confused look on her face.

"Wha.. what are we doing?" Ayla asks.

Clearly, we're here to bake cakes. Nah, I'm just kidding.

I look at Ayla and I let out a breathless laugh. "We are here to eat. And talk. This is one of my favorite places to eat, besides my Mom's cafe. C'mon, I'm starving. Oh wait, no, hold on. Don't move."

Ayla looks down at her hands on her knees and nods her head.

I get out of my car, jog over to Ayla's side and open the door for her. She looks up at me, smiles then stands up. She moves to the side so I can shut the door. I lock the doors and we walk up to the front entrance. I walk up first so I can hold the door open for her. She steps inside and I follow behind her. We walk up to the host standing at the front desk.

"Hello, how many people?" The host greets us.

"Two, please" I say politely.

The host smiles and gestures for us to follow him. "Please, follow me."

I look at Ayla and we exchange awkward smiles then we follow behind the host. He leads us to a booth in the back corner of the room. I let Ayla choose her side first, she picks the left side and slides in then I slide into the right side.

The host gives us our menus and takes out his notebook. "Can I start you both off with some drinks?"

I nod my head to Ayla letting her know to order first. She looks out the window behind me while she thinks.

"Um, I'll take a lemonade, please." Ayla says with a fake smile.

The host writes down on his notepad then he looks at me.

I sigh. "Yeah, I'll take the same. Thank you."

The host writes down on his notepad again then looks at both Ayla and I with a big smile.

"No problem. A waitress will be back with your drinks and will take your orders." The host informs us.

"Thank you." Ayla responds. I just nod my head.