Chapter 59- Sunshine And Raindows

"Morning, son

"Morning, son." Mom says from the stove.

I nod my head once as I walk in then I take a seat on one of the barstools. Suddenly, it hits me. I realize that Davis is nowhere around. I look around then I look at Mom, who's looking down at the french toast she's currently making.

"Mom? Uh, where's Dad?" I nervously ask. I remember the last time he wasn't around, it was when he told me that Scott would be joining the team.

Mom turns off the stove, steps to the side, sighs and leans against the kitchen counter. "Kain... there's something we need to discuss." Mom says serious.

I furrow my brows and slightly nod my head. "Okay? What is it?" I say confused.

Mom bites the inside of her cheek. "Well... me and your Father are separating."

Honestly, thank God. Davis and my Mom are two people that never should've gotten together in the fucking first place. They are terrible together. I'm not even surprised, I saw it coming for a while now.

"Oh. Whatever. Uh, I have to go." I say and shrug my shoulders, not fazed one bit.

I wanted Mom to kick Davis' ass to the curb when that night happened but for some stupid fucking reason she decided to stay with the fucker. But I am glad that she finally came to her damn senses and realizes what a total scumbag Davis is.

I get up from the stool and walk to the opening, leading to the hallway but I stop and turn back to mom. "So, where is Dad staying now?"

Mom looks over at me. "The lake house." She says in a low voice.

Just then the house phone rings. I walk over to the counter where the house phone and monitor is that has all the security camera angles on it. I pick up the phone and read the caller ID. Davis' name flashes on the screen.

"It's him." I say then look at Mom.

Immediately Mom says. "Don't answer it."

I press the decline button then the answering machine comes on and Davis's voice comes booming through the machine, meaning he's leaving a message.

I unplug the answering machine from the wall and everything goes silent. I turn around and face Mom and a chuckle escapes me. "How fucking great is that Dad has a off button now?"

Mom looks relieved then she smiles weakly at me.

I walk down the staircase then turn left and walk in the family room in Myles' basement. All the boys are there, they're gaming and snacking on junk food. I sit down on the couch, Grey sits on my right.

Grey glance at me then back at the TV screen. "What's up, Kainer."

"Grey, how many fucking times do I have to tell you not to call me that? I hate that fucking nickname. The only other person I know that uses that name is Patrick Kane, and he sucks." I say in a flat tone.