epilogue

"You are the purpose why I lived, the reason for my sins, and the first in my heart

"You are the purpose why I lived, the reason for my sins, and the first in my heart."

Thank you, potatoes.

-

TEN YEARS LATER

"Kim Taehyung, the son of King Jinheung of the Silla Dynasty and the brother of Crown Prince Kim Junmyeon. He lived a good life as the son of the king, he and the king died peacefully while the Crown Prince continued his reign. But the palace was burned due to a war that broke out a few years later," my friend, Jungkook read aloud as he looked at me who just came into the office.

"What are you reading?" I asked him and he smiled before closing the book.

"A history book I borrowed from my niece, she needed help with her homework," Jungkook said and I nodded before hanging my coat.

"Don't you have a client today?" I asked him and he looked at me before shaking his head.

"No, it's still tomorrow, why?" He responded and I sat on the office chair.

"Because I want to see Jimin today," I said and he stared at me hardly.

"Jimin still has like a few months left before he's released from prison, I hope the guy's doing well. But anyway, you haven't been seeing anyone recently? You're like 33 and you're wrinkly now," He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"No one in particular, I just don't feel like it. I prefer work first," I responded and he nodded.

"Why don't I set you up on a date? He's a bit young though, he like noonas," Jungkook said and I looked at him, scrunching my nose.

"I'm not in the mood Kook, let me live my single life in peace," I replied and he smirked.

"Isn't your cousin's death anniversary tomorrow? Are you going to visit him?" He asked.

"Of course! I would never forget!" I smiled and he looked at me before nodding.

Then, our heads whisked towards a group of people, our workmates, entering the office as they exhanged a conversation.

"Wait, it really is true?"

"You haven't heard? Our senior, Jang Aehye got into trouble with the police a couple of years ago, but she was let go because she was proven innocent! I heard it! That other guy Jungkook tried to tell the police as a witness but didn't remember anything."

"Really? And she has the audacity to become an attorney or something?"

My eyes closed slowly, before placing my head on the table, blocking the sound from every object near me.

-

That night, I slowly walked to my apartment, I recently moved out a few months ago from my cousin's house. And I sighed deeply before entering the small space, closing the door before locking it.