XI

SEOKJIN POV

"Detective Kim, I heard you witnessed the murder case," prosecutor Park told me and I nodded before he typed it in his laptop.

"As one of the living victims of the case, you were injured. Unlike the other dead victims who have no injuries but just... blood," he muttered as he typed it in.

"So, have you seen the murderer?" He asked me and I hesitated before opening my mouth.

"No, it was like the suspect tried to kill me from behind by choking me, he then flipped me to the ground causing my cheek to scratch," I responded and he nodded before typing something in his laptop again.

"Then Mr. Kim," he spoke and I diverted my gaze to him.

"Out of all cases, they were located in roads that are being passed by the people every day, but why are you the only one  who has witnessed them?" He asked, his eyebrow raised.

"Don't get me wrong Jinyoung, I was on my way to the lab," I replied.

"Oh really? Understandable," he replied and typed them in his laptop.

"You haven't seen this killer's face at all? Not even a glance?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"As I said, when I was thrown to the ground, they disappeared, like nothing happened," I told him and he nodded before typing again.

"Don't worry Mr. Seokjin, we have more investigating to do, we have to go get the CCTV footage and you're also under investigation," Jinyoung said before closing his laptop.

I stood up and bowed, then I left the room. Suddenly, my phone rang and I stuck my hand in my pocket to fish out my phone.

Aehye?

AEHYE POV

I took the black feather and examined it. It was definitely bigger than my hand and it was soft and smooth, it looked more like a crow's feather but bigger.

Should I tell Seokjin?

Maybe these are one of the clues?

Maybe an animal killed those people?

I decided to put the feather inside my bag as I looked at the spot where the dead body laid one last time, I still couldn't believe it disappeared like thin air.

I turned my heel and fished out my phone, sending a text to Jin that it was a false alarm.

fALSE ALARM?! Aehye
are you sure you're not
lying?

Of course I'm not lying
you hippo. I think I need
a rest, or maybe its just
me.

Aehye, you got me
worried! What if you
were threatened to lie?

I'd never lie to you and
know that. I'm going
home.

I placed the phone back in my pocket and gripped the straps of my backpack. I exhaled deeply to calm myself.

Relax, it must be because you're stressed.

Or maybe... it was real?

I took a another step and turned towards the corner.

But I bumped into something hard.

I fell forward while the so-called thing fell backward resulting us both on the ground.

I closed my eyes and waited for the impact but my head came in contact with something soft.

I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was black.

And heavy breathing.

I turned my head and I met a pair of dark brown eyes staring back at me.

His lips formed into small pout as he looked down at me who was on his hard chest.

I was between his legs and his arms were around my waist.

He immediately let go of me and I got off from him and his black hoodie. I scrambled to get my backpack and I stood up while straightening my shirt.

He got up too, and eyed me from head to toe, his eyes bearing lasers into mine.

"Oh right, I forgot to give you the notes for our research," I nervously said and I zipped my bag open, stuffing my arm in search for the notes.

"Won't you say sorry?" He asked lowly as he stuffed his hands in his hoodie pocket.

"Excuse me? You didn't even apologize last night," I scoffed as I searched for the notes.

"Last night? I was saving you," he rolled his eyes.

"Saving? Me? It was your fault you vandalize," I shot back.

A force suddenly grabbed my free wrist and I lifted my head up to look at him who was already inches near my face.

"I'll make you say sorry then, you'll scream it," he whispered tauntingly, his deep voice sending chills down my spine.

He smirked before letting go of my wrist while I just froze there.

"When are you gonna give the notes to me? I have a date," he said and tapped his foot on the ground whilst crossing his arms.

"Just wait, and I wonder why a woman would still want a weird shit like you," I narrowed my eyes as my hands grabbed a hold of a leather notebook.

"Weird? Atleast I'm not so single like you," he shot back and I shoved the notes in his chest.

"Single? I'm proud to be single, I know I can wait for the one soon," I said as I zipped my bag closed and crossed my arms.

"Whatever, see you tomorrow," he said plainly before walking past me an bumping his shoulder with mine.

This brat.

I continued to walk home and in my mind all the thoughts that occupied me was

That black feather.

----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or Spongebobs gonna cut off your heads tonight :)

Anyway, I was wearing a sheet mask and my pet dog licKed the sheet mask, then he ran away. I hate him but I love him.