XLI

"Traitor of Silla"
by: sujinniie

Screams of those who lurked in pain
And he stood there trying to be sane
The dreary gust of fog sang insanely
To the man they called 'all hail he!'

The sword that sang with the flesh of man
The blood that creeped like a vine against the man
The blood that sings with sword of man
As it clashes against the flesh of the who was banned

The ashes of those he drew another's blood on
Became a stitched part of his heart and bone
And he runs with his steed
As he lurks in the dark, a traitor indeed.

_

My eyes widened as I read the poem over and over again. A description was also placed below the poem.

The poem was written in the Silla Dynasty, which also lead to its decline. The traitor was known as Jin-ji in the literary piece, and was written by the poet Su-jin, who lived at that time. The said traitor has been anonymous for decades, since the burned Wolseong palace erased all records about him.

My eyes widened before looking at the article, my head instantly whisked towards Taehyung, who was silently reading, his face showing no emotion.

He glanced at me before showing the paper to me.

Somehow, why does this connect...

...to where I was before?

"We should answer these questions now," he said, before letting out a puff of air from his mouth.

I glanced at him and he remained chill and calm, and I dropped my gaze towards the questions.

1. Search the information about Jinheung of Silla and Jinji of Silla.

2. Discuss with your partner about the law during the Silla Dynasty.

3. Compare Silla Dynasty monarchy with today's law.

"Ma'am, may I go to the restroom?" A voice stood out, and my head turned towards Taehyung who had his hand in the air.

"Yes, you may Taehyung," Ms. Pyo replied and he bowed before standing up, walking towards the exit before the door clicked closed.

Curiosity bubbled up inside of me as I looked at his figure walking away, until I couldn't see him anymore.

"Ma'am, I would like to go to the restroom too!" I said as I raised my hand.

"Ooooohhhh."

I turned my head and narrowed my eyes towards the group of boys with smirks in their faces, my jaw tightening as they laughed.

"Someone's busy today, thought you were cousin's lil' girl," the guy named Kang Daniel grinned.

"Watch them screw each other in the male's restroom," another guy smirked as he brushed his hair back.

"Ah, faster Taehyung daddy," another guy moaned playfully and I looked at each one of them before fisting my hands.

"Never knew you'd have it in you Aehye, how about a guy like me for a girl like you huh? One night stand?" The guy said as he flashed me a smile in which I think his name was Sehun.

"Yeah, how about Sehun here? Every girl rates 5 stars on this guy, you won't pick that lonely ass boy over this charming kid here, right?" The guys said before chuckling loudly.