XLII

THIRD PERSON POV

"I'm sorry."

The bustling and hustling of the wind surrounded the night, the little white dots were decorating the black canvas and the moon was shining on them. The two figures standing by the side.

"What do you mean?" The figure said.

"I said.... I'm sorry...,

I'm sorry, Soobin."

-

"He's dead," Hyunjin deadpanned as he slumped his shoulders, checking the body that was planted in dirt and bruises. There was a trail of blood coming from his mouth, and there was blood coming out from his nose.

The body was laid at the back of the rundown building, hung on a rooftop with dirt on it's body, but with no cuts and only blood.

"This is insane Hyunjin! We don't have the power to stop this! It's not possible for a murderer to get away in this open venue!" Hongjoong gaped as he looked at his co-worker.

"It seems like Choi Soobin has been hanging on this rooftop for 4 days now, and you might wanna cover your nose," Mingyu spoke as he tucked his face mask with him, giving out a few other face masks to Hongjoong and Hyunjin.

"We'll send the body to the autospy department. Meanwhile, I want you to get investigation team leader Lee Taeyong, and inform the research team too, Violent Crimes Unit Team A Leader Hwang Hyunjin, you must take part and inform his family to cooperate," Detective Kim Mingyu said as he looked at Hyunjin and Hongjoong.

"And you, Hongjoong, make a report about this and submit it to the press immediately, people must be informed. We must also contact the Special Forces Department," he continued before turning his heel.

"Mingyu hyung! I have a theory," Hongjoong muttered as he halted the older one in his steps.

"If Soobin's body was left 4 days ago, does that mean that Kim Seokjin was the one also taking part in this? Because he was arrested 5 days ago," Hongjoong spoke as he lowered his head.

"Don't worry Joongie, I'll take care of it, just do your part," Mingyu said as he gave him a small smile.

But inside Mingyu's head, he was already expecting that.

And he was beyond furious. So mad he could just yell at Seokjin for being too heartless.

AEHYE POV

He looked at me, his jaw tightening in the process.

"What... do you mean?" He asked me, his voice cold and serious.

"Nothing, it's just that... you seemed so... happy," I said softly as I turned my head to the other direction, avoiding his dark gaze he was shooting at me.

"Listen, I don't know what shit you're talking about, did Namjoon tell you this?" Taehyung said as he grabbed my clothed hoodie, pulling me towards him.

His face was inches towards mine, and he looked at me with those sharp and dark eyes, his teeth gritted and his brows furrowed.

"W-well, yeah... I mean...," I squeaked as I tried to push myself away from him.

"I get it, you now know that I was a happy kid, I was so happy and contented, but I'm messed up and I'm now broken as fuck, happy to see me say that? Mind your own business, coward," he spat as he let go of me the grip of his hands on my hoodie making my gasp for air.