LXXVIII

-Back in 1997-

SEOKJIN POV (1997)

"Scram, kid!" The booming voices said as they slammed the door infront of me.

It has been 3 hours since I've had the baby, and it was almost midnight. The ramen was already eaten and me and the baby needed to find a place to rest.

"I wonder what mister sees in me to take care of you, little one," Seokjin said as he looked at the little girl in his arms, wrapped in a small blanket.

"He says the Almighty is with me, but why do I feel like it's not happening? I'd love to take care of you, but I have no family," I frowned at her.

"Afterall, I'm just a street kid, I sleep in the streets, but ever since I got you, I want to protect you with all my heart!" I smiled at her as I hugged her lovingly.

"You're gonna be pretend cousin, you know?" I giggled as I looked at her.

"But right now, we need to find a place to stay, and a place to eat in," I said as I looked at her, continued to make my way into the darker alleys. The alleys were filled with doors of houses where people stayed in.

I tried knocking in all of the doors, but no one would answer or someone would just snap and kick both of us out from their doorstep.

"We need to go to another neighborhood, it's getting darker and we need to move fast," I spoke under my breath as I looked at her, and we made our way out of the alley before walking with the crowd.

"Come on, you must be hungry. The mister that was dressed in white said that you are my family, but I'm not sure about that yet," I muttered as I kept walking with the tall strangers.

"Maybe if... I beg to some vendors for milk I'll be able to feed you," I continued as I looked up at the different signs with letters that displayed a restaurant.

I looked up at a small restaurant at the side and I stopped infront of the entrance before pushing the glass door open.

My eyes widened at the waft of food hitting my nostrils, looking around as I saw a few people chattering, drinking soju, and eating meals together.

It turned my stomach upside down from the side of that.

"Hey kid, what are you doing here? Where's your mother?" The man infront of me asked, as he kneeled down to my height.

"Oh hello, mister, I... I don't have a mother... I-I was wondering if I could.... ask for a meal," I replied as I slowly placed my head down to the ground.

There was a long silence, and the man infront of me smiled a bit before looking down at the bundle in my arms.

"This your sister? If you don't have a mother, then what about her?" The man asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Actually, she's my... cousin. We're homeless and we need to search for some food," Seokjin said as he looked at him.

"Ah, I bet she and you have had a hard time, is it family problems? I mean, I'm not asking for details," the man chuckled to himself before standing up straight, turning to the side.