XXXVIII

AEHYE POV

My eyes widened, the voice of the king surrounding the whole palace.

Seojoon and Hyung Sik getting hung?

Not in my watch

I swiftly stood up, gripping my skirt as I walked towards the doors. I slowly pushed it open, my heart beating like crazy.

I slowly opened it with a creak, my eyes scanning at the different directions of the hallway.

I sighed deeply, remembering that all the guards are looking everywhere for the King's lost stuff.

I swiftly stepped foot outside the room before  rushing through the hallways and making my way towards the throne room, making sure I don't lose my way.

As I walked towards the direction to where the loud voice came from, I pushed the doors open to reveal the throne room.

-

"Your Majesty, they are not the ones you are looking for."

I looked at the King I called my cousin, my brows furrowing as he looked disarrayed and worried.

"Who dares try and protest against me?" He grumbles as he looks at me.

"Your Majesty, I am not protesting against you, I am simply trying to tell you the truth," I answer him and as I bow my body slowly, walking towards him.

I face him before pulling out something from my pocket.

"Here, you are, Your Majesty," I say as I present the object in my jands towards him.

It was the piece of fabric.

"Your Majesty,

Crown Prince Junmyeon is the culprit."

The king's eyes widened and Woo-shik's jaw hung, Seojoon and Hyung-sik looked like their souls were suckes out of their bodies and Taehyung looked at me with an unexplainable face.

"And how would I know you're not lying? Perhaps you are framing your future husband for being forced in a marriage with him?" King Jinheung asked as he looked at me.

"Your Majesty, I am certain it is him. If I am not lying, why would a fabric from the Crown Prince's robe be in my hands if he weren't near me?" I fired back as I looked at him in the eye.

Thank goodness for law school.

"Proceed," the king said softly as he looked at me.

"The Crown Prince was seen walking by himself in the maid's quarters where I was dressing up, I have seen him with the jewels in his pocket, I am not trying to frame him for I have no bad intentions towards him," I spoke as I tried my best to look at him seriously.

Well yes, I do have bad intentions towards him but let's play a little lowkey with that.

"May I have the fabric, Lady Aehye?" The king asked and I nodded before placing the fabric on the palm of his hand and he neared it towards his face.

His fingers slid down the texture of the fabric and his eyes were as still and frozen. He looked at Taehyung, Seojoon, and Hyung Sik before looking at me.

"And also Your Majesty, that fabric is from the robe of a groom, and the only groom I would know in this palace is the Crown Prince himself," I continued.