LVII

-Back to Present-

NAMJOON POV

"So let me get this straight, he was a Silla Prince and killed his family, ran away, but got captured and killed and wouldn't go to the Land of the Dead but you insisted him to. Then, he got selfish and tried to take the pocketwatch to solve his past mistakes, which was one of the most powerful objects in the universe, but was stopped by the Almighty and was punished to never die, to never be accepted in the afterlife and to kill people for a living and grow black wings whenever he lies?" Yoongi asks as he looks at me.

"On top of that, whenever he grows black wings and red eyes, he needs to go kill a person to regain his human form. That's why people keep dying these days," I reply.

"That's messed up, but you never spoke up about the matter?" Yoongi asked.

"I'm a police officer, but no, I've never snitched about Taehyung, but it was partly my fault it made him to be like that," I spoke as I looked at Yoongi, who was leaning against the wall as we were standing in the dark alley.

"It's not your fault, you're just doing your job. Just like me, I don't have a choice and you don't either," Yoongi replied as he looked at me, twirling his gun in his finger.

"I don't know..... I sometimes blame myself for it," I mumbled as I looked at the ground while casually kicking some pebbles.

"Don't blame yourself, you're not the one who committed something that was never supposed to be done freely," Yoongi replied.

"I mean, we must have done greats sins in our past lives to be like this, but we haven't done a huge sin while we are dead. That's what's different between us and him, but I actually never know what sin we've done in our human life to deserve this," I spoke.

"Same here," Yoongi mumbled back.

"I might be an exorcist but I would never touch that pocketwatch for my needs. I heard it's a God-made creation to balance the creation of existence itself," Yoongi explained.

"Yes, but Taehyung touched it, his own needs took over him," I spoke.

"Hyunnnnngggg!"

Our ears were filled with the whiny voice from a certain direction. I looked at Yoongi and he gave me a confused stare and I sighed softly before turning to the direction to where it came from.

"Hyunnggg! I looked for you everywheree!" A tall figure ran towards us, skipping in the process.

And before I knew it, my arm was being tugged and my hands were intertwined with another's.

"I kept looking for you hyung! You're supposed to spend the whole day with me!" He cheered as he looked at me with a cheeky smile.

"Kai," I started as I looked at him who was shaking my arm up and down. He wore his baby blue pajamas with little koala prints on it. He wore his fuzzy slippers as he looked at me with his usual puppy eyes.

"Back off kid, who are you?" Yoongi piped in as he glared at the boy who was tugging on my arm furiously.

"And who are you? Are you Mr. Exorcist?" He asks Yoongi as he glances at Yoongi to take in his black attire.

"You're a timekeeper, aren't you? Judging from your cute appearance," Yoongi said as he looked at younger boy in pure disgust.

Disgust D.

"Thank you! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to bring Namjoon hyung with me Mr. Exorcist!" Kai smiled widely before tugging on my arm.

"That wasn't a compli- hey! He's with me! He's not going anywhere!" Yoongi growled before grabbing my other arm and tugging me back.