XXXVI

Junmyeon?

My eyes widened as I saw the prince himself, or the so-called "future husband" of mine, slowly walking in the servants' quarters.

My blood boiled just thinking about this rat-faced jerk I just met. He just held me and now he wants to marry me? Is this how it works?

He walked through the empty halls. Most of the servants were out preparing my bath. So there wasn't really anyone here at the moment.

I puffed my cheeks as I look at his disappearing figure. And before I knew it, my feet picked themselves up, my fingers clutching my skirt, trying my best to maintain a silent sound as I walked out of the room.

I leaned by the wall, looking at the directions to see if anyone was coming in my direction. After a few seconds, I took a deep breath before following the man I called Crown Prince.

I mean, why would he enter the quarters where the gungnyeos are? He's supposed to be getting ready for the so-called marriage I wanted to protest him.

I mean, I don't even know him.

I took small and quiet steps as I followed after him, my mind running with different thoughts and assumptions as I followed him.

He suddenly turned his back, and my eyes widened as I swiftly swiped myself to the nearest hallway, leaning my back against the wall as he looks at what was behind him, I held my loud breathing as he faced the front, continuing to walk towards his destination.

I looked at his back, walking towards the exit of the bathhouse and towards the main palace.

But then, my eyes caught something on the floor. Well, attached to the floor.

It was a piece of fabric stuck on a nail that was attached to the wooden floor.

I crouched down and I took it out slowly, my hands shaking as the fear of being caught was clouding my mind, my fingers running over the texture of the fabric before standing up straight, I twisted my body to walk back to the room I once came from.

And I looked into another person's eyes.

Her green uniform and bun was settled, and she looked at me before signalling the ladies behind her.

I quickly hid the fabric behind my gown, before the other gungnyeos took my arms, hooking them around theirs and leading me back to the room.

-

"Doesn't everyone want to have all the world to themselves?" Court Lady Lee suddenly asked as she placed different flowers in my hair to complete the traditional Korea's bride's hair.

"A person cannot live with just riches," I answered briefly as I fiddled with my fingers, not knowing what to do because it's either I get killed or punished by the king if I ever run away.

And maybe I may or may not be plotting a murder on Kim Freaking Namboon for marrying me off to some man who I never met. That guy is seriously nuts even though he's my crush.

"But really, I've been with numerous concubines of the king, and they were so fine about marrying him," she spoke.

"Marriage, it's more than just having power. It's like combining two souls into one, they become your other half. And you'll love each other no matter what, I know in this time it's meaningless to love someone you're married. But for me, marriage is something that I'm serious in committing," I explain as I look at her.

"You are really funny, but unique at the same time. Anyone would die to marry the Crown Prince or even the youngest prince," she said.

"For me, being with someone I truly love is owning the world itself. You know, it's meaningless to have all the power and be unloved at the same time. It's not good for us to actually be alone," I explained.