XXXIV

"Wh-what?" I asked, my mind suddenly turning into nothing but a blank space, my eyes widening as I heard those words coming out of his mouth.

"Kidding," he hummed as he unwrapped his arm from my waist, and I mentally exhaled.

"Stop doing that! You're always doing some stuff you don't take seriously," I muttered looking at him before rolling my eyes.

"Why? You want me to be serious with you?" He asked again, crossing his arms.

"That's not what I meant," I said as I looked at him before placing my hands on my waist.

Suddenly, I heard heavy footsteps, the crunching of sand was filling the empty atmosphere followed by pants and calls.

"Prince Taehyung! Lady Aehye!" A voice called out, and Taehyung's head turned to where the voice was coming from.

There stood a man in armor, he wore a war helmet and he bowed at us before opening his mouth to speak.

"The king is ordering you both to the palace," the man said as he looked at us.

My eyes widened as I looked at him, then to Taehyung who had his brows furrowed and his tightened jaw.

"Yes, we'll go there. Come, let's go and visit the king before he gets mad," Taehyung told me, grabbing my hand before dragging me inside the palace.

As I stepped foot inside the Wolseong palace, my jaw dropped as I looked at the massive and wide courtyard, and there were pillars and different ornaments attached to each other, and in the middle was the palace entrance. The entrance had a cement path from the gate entrance to the palace entrance, and there were different maids roaming around too.

It's different being here than being in that the tourist spot itself.

"Let's go," he told me as he walked with me to the entrance, his hand gripping my forearm like I was a toy to him. I was speechless that I was going inside the palace since in the tourist spot, you can only see what is inside.

We stepped up the stairs and the gungnyeos (palace maids) opened the doors for us, and my eyes widened as I came face-to-face...

With the king.

"Please bow down to.....

....King Jinheung of Silla!"

Seokjin?

My eyes couldn't believe my cousin looks like the King of Silla.

Or maybe, he isn't?

He may be a lookalike, and he had a beard on his chin and he looked really young. The history books portrayed him as an old man.

So maybe this was the time when he was still young?

He was seated on his throne. And beside him were two officials. Namely Hyung Sik and Seojoon is I'm not wrong, both dressed nicely and they looked really wise, far different from what I saw back in the hanok.

"Your Majesty," Taehyung said as he got on his knees, his clasped hands were together on the floor as he placed his forehead on it.

I scrambled in the same position, bowing beside Taehyung and I quickly stood up to my feet to wait for the king's remark.

Taehyung stood next to me, a good amount of distance to think we didn't really know each other.

"Taehyung, go to your quarter, I called you here just so you could step foot in the palace before someone kidnaps you," the king ordered.

"B-but Your Majesty-," Taehyung said, fear evident in his voice.

"This is a private matter to discuss Taehyung, are you protesting against the king? I am protecting you," King Jinheung said as he looked at Taehyung.

I heard Taehyung sigh deeply before opening his mouth.

"Th-thank you for your benevolence, Your Majesty," Taehyung muttered as he bowed, turning his heel and walkong towards the exit, not sparing a glance at me as the gates opened for him to go out.

As the gates closed with a click, the king faced me, looking at me intensely.

"What is your name?" He asked me, sipping on his tea.

"My name is Jang Aehye, Your Majesty," I replied, looking into his eyes.

"Jang Aehye," he repeated, looking at me.

"Yes, Your Highness?" I responded.

"You will be the first wife of my firstborn son, the Crown Prince, Kim Junmyeon."

----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote if you want Taehye instead rather than JunHye👀

So yep, shit goes down here lololol

Y'all wanted beef
So here is ze beef

Anyway, it's a short chap bear with it.