LVI

☆- the continuation

~▪°▪°▪°▪~

"Grim Reaper!"

"W-wait....," Taehyung trailed off as he looked at the black cloaked man who was approaching him, the yellow glow in his eyes evident.

"There's no more turning back, Taehyung. You either wither in this world, or start another life," Namjoon spoke as he looked at Taehyung.

"I-I'm not ready to start a new life Mr. Grim Reaper, I can't even imagine the scene itself," Taehyung told Namjoon as he furrowed his brows.

"I don't want to force you either Taehyung, but it's for your own good as well, this is so you could live a continous life without suffering," Namjoon explained.

"You don't understand! That's me over there! I'm in pain! I'm dead! I could see my corpse bleeding!" Taehyung yelled at Namjoon and he gave him a deep sigh.

"I....

I'm sorry.... Taehyung."

And he blows the golden dust at his eyes. Taehyung squints his eyes as he feels the grainy dust blur his vision, and he feels the wind turn different, the once stuffy and cruel atmosphere was replaced by a much more cooler and calmer wind.

"We're here," Namjoon spoke as he tapped Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung's eyes slowly fluttered open, and his eyes widened as he scanned the different black and red mountains and the purple color that covered the whole sky. There was a hue of pink and orange there as he looked at the huge village infront of him. His jaw widened at the sight of countless people walking by. It was far more beautiful and majestic than the kingdom he was in.

"This is the Land of the Dead, find your name and start a simple life, the Almighty will call you to judgement in the tunnel near Sanzu River, good luck on your next life," Namjoon spoke in an almost monotonous voice.

"B-but wait!" Taehyung spoke as he looked at Namjoon's back which was turned against him. And Namjoon sighed softly bedore turning to him.

"There are no buts in death Taehyung, living in that life is limited, you need to move on to have a much better life ahead of you," Namjoon spoke before a black smoke eneveloped both fo them.

The smoke covered Tae's vision once again as he closed his eyes. Then, as he opened them, he was left by an empty and silent presence, and he realised it was now he himself only. The Grim Reaper was nowhere to be seen.

He looked around. As beautiful and amazing the structures and houses of the Land of the Dead was, he still carried a huge regret and resent towards the people he met in his life.

He wanted to fix everything, but he couldn't. It was too late.

Time ran out for him.

Then, his eyes landed on something.

And his eyes widened as he scanned it.

-

Beads of sweat formed on his forehead as he struggled to push himself up, his legs were sore from trying to steady himself. He sighed deeply as he tried to stop and rest, but he couldn't. He needed to act as quick as possible.