XXV

I looked at the beautiful buildings that represent different signs, labels, companies, and restaurants. There were cars on the highways. It was as if the town was like any other town you can see in the world.

The real world, that is.

"Come with me," he said as he grabbed my hand, and the cherry red tint earlier made it's comeback as it rushed to my cheeks, making me feel hot.

Namjoon's huge crab spreads his wings, going up and up until we couldn't see him above the clouds anymore, and my jaw hangs as I look at it.

"Don't worry, Tiny likes to venture and find food, he'll be back when I call him," he says as he looks up with me, to the direction where his spirit animal went.

"So, I'm gonna give you a small tour before I tell you the reason. Don't want you losing your ass here," he explains as he tugs me along. I had no choice but to follow him since I have this rope tied around my waist.

"This is McGhounalds," he says as he points to a sign with a huge red M.

"I can't even believe you have your own McDonalds here," I gape as I look at the McGhounalds restaurant.

"And that's DeadBucks," he said as he gestured to the small café not so far from here. We were on the sidewalk, and there were more cars passing by.

"DeadBucks?" I repeat.

"Don't ask."

We emerge through the crowd of dead people, they acted like it was their home since birth, some were wearig suits, and children were busy playing, some were even laughing and talking to each other.

"Hello ma'am! Would you like a sample of our new sandwiches from SubLife? It's our new and improved!" A woman in green approached us, wearing the usual SubWay uniform paired with a hat.

My gaze trailed from her uniform and it landed onto her face, and my eyes widened.

Why does she.... look so familiar?

"S-seokjin... a d-dead body..."

I shake my head as I looked at her face, and I stare at her as if I was a moth attracted to light, and she looks back at me, giving me weird glances.

Isn't she....?

"I'm sorry, we can't, we're busy," Namjoon swiftly replied before tugging the rope, pulling me with him as we turn to the corner of the street.

I looked at Namjoon's tensed face, he gives me a short glance before exhaling deeply.

"You can't eat or drink anything here. This place is different from that world you live in. If you do, you'll be stuck here for all eternity," Namjoon huffs as he looks at me.

"B-but Namjoon! We need to go back! She looks so familiar!" I told him as i frantically shook his shoulder.

"You don't understand Aehye," Namjoon looks at me and whispers it in a low voice.

"W-what do you mean? We could've known who killed her!" I said as I tried to pry his hands off of mine.

"The people here get sensitive on how they die. If you ask them, they'll turn into evil spirits. This isn't Hotel del Luna. And some others here don't even know how they died," Namjoon said as he kept walking, making the distance even further from the woman and I.

"I'm actually really curious," I say as I look at him.

"Is Taehyung.. really your stepbrother or is he dead or he doesn't know?" I asked him and his lips turned into a small grin before looking at me.

"Well, that's for me to know and for you to find out," he winks and I slump my shoulders before walking after him.

"But, why do you have to dress as a police officer?" I ask him again.

"You're asking too much questions, we're almost there," he says as we kept changing streets, we turned by a corner and crossed a street.

As we kept walking, I noticed the streets kept getting dimmer and dimmer. The people who were walking down the sidewalks were slowly getting lesser as we walked through the sidewalks.

After a few more steps, Namjoon halted himself, and I stopped behind him. He glanced behind his shoulder towards me before taking my hand.

"It's gonna get a bit scary, so you might stick by me for a bit," he said and we continued walking until my feet touched the soft grass.

The air felt cooler, the cold wind caressing my face as all my vision could see was black. The stars were shining and my eyes caught a few dim street lamps standing on the grass.

As we neared the street lamp, my eyes dropped to a body of water.

Yes, a body of water.

It was narrow and was shimmering in the dark atmosphere. It looked clear and clean. And my eyes landed on a sign beside the river.

Sanzu River

"Have a happy trip to your new life, cross the bridge with a smile."

"Sanzu River, it's familiar," I said under my breath as I looked at Namjoon who was staring at the tunnel between the river. And it looked like there was bridge inside.

"You've read Sanzu River in myths, this is where all the souls go to for  judgement, it's already planted in the soul's mind whenever they are called by the afterlife, and they can go inside the tunnel," Namjoon said as he faced me, there was a huge light coming from the tunnel.

"Once you go in there, all your memories will be erased," Namjoon said as he pursed his lips.

"Is this the reason why you brought me here?" I asked him and he gives me a face saying that he's done with my bullshit.

"You're not dead, how many fucking times-"

"Then... why did you bring me here to see all this?" I asked him, my curiosity getting bigger and bigger as time passes by.

"Your stupidity is fatter than my titties, I wonder how Jin raised you," he sighs deeply.

"I may be curious but I'm not stupid, and Jin raised me to be a beautiful legend thank you very much," I say as I cross my arms.

"But fine, I'll tell you," he says as he takes his hand out towards me again.

"Now...

....where's the black feather?"

-----
(UNEDITED)

Vote if you're broke I can be your broke sugar mommy.

But yea grab your tea 🍵 things are gonna get bUmpY anD wiLd (lenny face intended)

So my new dog (if y'all don't know check out my instagram stories you can see Reese hihi) and she broke my dad's shoe lol :/

Did I also mention another book is dropping on August 30 🤔?