XXIV

My eyes widened as I looked around the marvelous mountains that were painted in bright red, and the sky was in a canvas of black, neon green, and purple. There were tall buildings and cars were running through the roads. It was like an exact replica of Seoul.

In the real world.

"Am I dead? Why did you bring me here all of a sudden?" I ask him and he raises a brow.

"Look, as long as you tag by the Reaper's rope, you're perfectly fine. You'll still be able to go home, just don't wander off, don't want you losing an eye or two along the way," Namjoon explained and my jaw hung as I heard what he said.

I looked down to see a glowing silver rope tied around my waist, and my eyes trailed towards Namjoon's cloak which was also wrapped with the rope, which means I was attached to him.

"Wow.... for once, I do believe in myths," I said in awe as I looked at him.

"And this... is what we call the Land of the Dead. These are where all the souls stay before they go to judgement between afterlife in heaven and hell," Namjoon explained as he gazed at the several people dressed in suits, probably on their way to work.

"So you're telling me that this... Land of the Dead is a place for the souls who are getting ready to judgement?" I ask him.

"Well, only God knows where they'll end up. I'm the one sending souls here to stay for a bit, it might take days, weeks, or even years so they established a huge city," Namjoon explained.

Suddenly, a huge figure swooshed towards us, a pair of wings on it's back and my eyes widened.

It had claws.

But not just any claws.

They were crab claws, pinchers.

"Oh, and this is Tiny, he's my spirit animal," Namjoon said as he patted the hard shell of his spirit animal friend.

Spirit animal, huh?

The crab was bigger than Namjoon himself. He was as tall as a house, his shell was black and it's spots were dotted with neon yellow and pink.

"You expect me to have a normal face, while looking at a giant crab and call him... Tiny?!" I told him, my eye twitching as I look at the giant crab, then back at him.

"What do you expect me to call him? Big boobs? Big dick? Huge?" Namjoon narrows his eyes as he stares at bewitched face.

"Do you know how scary he looks right now?! He looks like a half spider because of his black shell!" I yelp at him.

"Tiny doesn't bite... unless you try to bite him, crab cruelty is a no-no," Namjoon stuck his index finger infront of my face, shaking it indicating he doesn't like it.

"Does everyone have a spirit animal?" I ask quietly, distancing myself from the fiery eyes of the huge crab with wings on it's back.

"It happens when we die, our most cherished pets will join us, Tiny here is already my trusty partner, we collect souls together," Namjoon explained as he rubbed his shell.

"Then... if this place is for the dead... why did you bring me here?" I asked him. He smiles, and his cute dimples show before giving his hand to me.

"I'll answer that later, come join me and let's fly," he smiled before reaching his hand out towards me.

Let's fly?

"Do I look like a bird to you?" I ask him and he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, you can be the next ostrich," he snickers.

I roll my eyes at him, crossing my arms as his arm was still reached out towards me.

"Come on, I can't fly either. But Tiny can, and he's 100% drop-free. It's gonna be like a magic carpet ride, and what do you expect? We'd walk all the way to town? We're in the middle of nowhere here," he winks and my heart secretly melts at the sight.

"Are you sure? I mean, why would I trust someone who literally steals souls?" I shot back, emphasizing the last words.

He furrows his brows before swiftly grabbing my arms, I gasp loudly as my body leaned forward forcefully, and my head crashed into his hard chest.

I squint my eyes at the impact, and I lift my head slowly, and my eyes caught his yellow ones, he stares at me intently for a good 5 seconds. The heat from my body rushing to my cheeks as I look at his dragon eyes.

Then, I realised I was on top of the freaking huge crab I vowed myself that I'd never touch. He was behind me, and he wrapped his arms around my waist as the crab was infront of me.

My mind was still processing things, as if it was hardware buffering because of all the events happening right before my eyes, the neon lights of the so-called Land of the Dead and the fact I was on top of a large crab.

I'monacrab-I'monacrab-I'monacrab-

Wait, another thing.

Namjoonisholdingme-Namjoonisholdingme-
Namjoonisholdingme-

I always wanted this,

But I didn't expect it'd be in a place like this.

My cheeks turned redder as his arms were wrapped around my waist, the events were turning like gears in my head as the crab started to run in a zigzag formation, slowly spreading it's wings as it runs towards the cliff.

Oh no, I'm gonna die in a land where everyone died.

"This is gonna be a bumpy ride," he whispers in my ear but I was too bothered by the fact I'm going to be flying.

I close my eyes as the crab ran towards the edge, and it jumped. The air rushed towards us as we started going deeper and deeper into God-knows-where. The force of the wind crashed with us as we still didn't feel any inch of light weight from the crab.

But my body relaxed as I felt like I was floating on midair, I fluttered my eyes open slowly and before I knew it, I was soaring above the neon clouds and pink hues.

I looked down below and my eyes widened as the lights and buildings coming from the small town was gleaming, much more like how New York would be like from above.

Tiny swoops down to the small city above us, his wings spreading even more as he slowly levels down to the entrance of the city.

The sky felt cold, and the feeling of Namjoon's warm embrace behind me was like a storybook, a movie I always watched when I was little. And it was coming true. The feeling of the cold air caressing my cheeks, the pink, neon green, and purple hues glowed on our skin as we flew above the fluffy clouds.

I couldn't even believe I was visiting this world that I never knew existed.

As he slowly places himself down, he flaps his wings to the side before waiting infront of the entrance like a trained dog.

Namjoon slides down the smooth shell of his spirit animal, tugging me along with him since I was wrapped in his so-called Reaper's Rope.

He stares at me, before looking at the tall buildings and the busy people who look nothing like the ghosts you see in cartoons.

"Now,

Do you wanna know why I brought you here?"

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote if Dynamite MV literally blew you away.

HAVE U SEEN THEIR HAIR AND OUTFITS LIKE PLEZ CHOKE ME DADDIES-

Anyway, just wanna say I made everything here fictional. This literally my own constructed world, and the Reaper's Rope doesn't really exist but oH wEll-

Not much Taehye moments in here bUt there will be soon :)