spin-off teaser

NAMJOON POV

"Ohhh hyuuuunggg!" A voice called and I groaned before looking back at the figure standing in the doorway, a cheeky smile on their face.

"Let me guess... you helped them, didn't you?" I said monotonously and he scratched the back of his neck before giggling.

"Well.... I wanted to! There's no problem with helping them! They love each other!" Huening Kai retorted as he scurried towards me, wrapping his arms around me before giving me his puppy eyes.

Oh boy, here we go again.

"C-can you... give me the money for my scooter? I need gas," he pouted as he looked at me.

"I wonder what I did to be stuck with you all the time, you're annoying," I said and he pouted before squeezing my body harder.

"Hyyuuuunggg I want to ride the scooter! I need ittt! Do you know how hard it is in the human world?!" Huening Kai whined and I rolled my eyes.

"Take a bus, leech," I tsked as I crossed my arms.

Suddenly, my eyes widened as a black smoke suddenly engulfed both of us, Huening Kai froze in place as he gripped me harder, scooting beside me as fear grew inside both of us.

Then, we were interrupted by a cough.

I looked at the figure in my room, the smoke slowly disappearing as me and Kai both froze in place.

"H-hyung! Hyung!" The figure cried and I released myself from Kai's arms before rushing towards the person.

"B-beomgyu?!" I exclaimed as I looked at the person infront of me, and he looked back at me, his lip was bleeding, and his right eye was bruised, and he had scratches on his cheek.

"What happened? Did something happen?" I asked as I looked at the fellow grim reaper, and he wiped the blood off his cheek with the back of his palm.

"We need.... help," he whimpered as he held onto my arms for support.

"Why? What's the problem?" I asked.

"The Land of the Dead! It's the Land of the Dead! We can't stay here anymore!" Beomgyu said as he looked up at me.

"Look, tell me what happened, tell me what is it?" I asked and he wheezed, trying to catch air as he stared at me.

"You need to check it out yourself hyung! Even I and the others can't handle it!" He said and I looked at him in shock before looking over at Huening Kai.

"Let's go," I nodded at Kai and he nodded back before a green and black smoke engulfed both of us, and we instantly went to The Land of the Dead.

I walked inside the city, Kai beside me and my eyes widened as I looked at the buildings, and the different shops. Most of them were broken, the cars were all around the place and some souls who lived here must have fled.

"Hyung, what is this?" He asked as he snuck beside me.

"I don't know Huening Kai, but something is going on that we don't know. I don't know about the others too," I said under my breath as I kept walking.

"Hyung! The deity also needs to see you," Beomgyu said as he appeared beside me, dressed in his black attire.

"I'll go to him immediately, Kai, go with Beomgyu, I need a talk with the deity," I said and I started to make my way to the deity's place, not daring to look back and listen to Huening Kai's protest.

As soon as I made my way inside, I looked at the figure that was standing at the very corner, looking out the window as no emotion was displayed on his face.