IV

ONE HOUR AGO

It was already after school when Jimin and I decided to part ways. I decided on walking home since he had to run some kind of errand for his brother.

I walked out of the school doors, huffing to myself as I gazed at the the setting sun dancing with the pastel-colored clouds.

If you're asking, I'm not dorming like other college students. Seokjin wanted me to live with him for the time being since he doesn't "fully trust" me yet.

Seokjin is basically my delusional cousin with the soul of a grandpa trapped in a 29-year old's body.

I was about to walk out of the campus when I heard footsteps nearing me.

"Ms. Jang! Wait!" A voice called and I turned my head to meet the counselor.

"Yes, Mrs. Moon?" I replied and she panted as she caught up to me.

"You're classmates with Taehyung, right? Thank God! I was asking every person in his class," she exclaimed and I raised a brow.

"What for ma'am?" I replied and she looked up to me.

"Have you seen him anywhere? He's been gone since lunch," she replied and I tilted my head to the side.

Didn't I see him go upstairs?

"N-no, the last time I saw him was during lunchtime," I replied briefly and she sighed deeply.

"Where has he gone to? He's never been absent and the director has been looking for him everywhere!" The counselor excalimed before turning her heel and walking back to the school doors.

I stared at her figure before looking back at the gates, I shrugged my shoulders before heading outside.

Jimin did say I shouldn't mind his business, right?

And also, why would I be so curious? Its not like he's my friend or anything, he doesn't even talk to me!

I put on my earphones and turn on some music before going to the direction in where our house is.

Our house isn't that far, the distance is good for one good jog and it takes a few minutes to go there by car.

I walked past a few houses when suddenly, sirens filled my ears and a car wooshed towards me.

I looked back to see it pull up and a figure went out of the car, silencing the sirens that invaded the neighborhood.

"Aehye-ssi!" Someone called out and I turned my head to meet the guy behind me.

"Namjoon! What's up?" I exclaim and he smiles, his dimples showing.

"You shouldn't be here all alone, you should be running home, there's a case near the neighborhood," he said and my eyes widened.

"What? Another case?" I replied and he nodded, scratching the back of his neck.

"Murder actually, I'm gonna go there already, all the others are  already there and I stopped by just to tell you. Its my duty to protect the innocent people," he replied before heading back to the police car.

"Alright, I'll see you Namjoon! Bye!" I said and he smiled, going back inside and turning the engine on, finally going past me.

My palms started sweating and my breaths have become shorter.

Murder case?

This is the 5th case that happened.

I did a brisk walk on my way home, my heart pounding as beads of sweat started to form as I literally ran home.

Yeah, Aehye. Its scary, but isn't this what you're gonna do in the future?

I mean, who wouldn't run away after a murder case took place? What if the murderer is still in the neighborhood?

I'm currently in 3rd year law school. And I aspire to be a lawyer, its something I wanted to be after looking at Seokjin. He's  the only detective in the family and I basically looked up to him my whole life.

I walked to the front gates, my fingers fumbling for the keypad, as I punched it in I pushed the gates open and closed it shut.

I made my way to the front door and opened it the key Seokjin gave me, I ran inside and locked it before plopping myself down the couch and scrambling for the remote control.

I grabbed it and flicked it open, a flash of red and blue lights and a reporter on the screen was visible.

"Another case has taken place in a small neighborhood in Seoul. After the last death in Myeongdong, it has been identified as a suicide case. What is the next for this new case? How will the police solve this new case after yesterday? Stay tuned for updates," the reporter said.

"There was also a case in Myeongdong," I clicked my tongue as I whispered to myself.

Suddenly, the door started banging.

----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

1 vote = or be bald

I know I'm not the type to start dark fanfics but I just want a unique change ya kno ;)

Read more to find out!