LXXV

I looked at the figure as my eyes widened. I scanned them as they slowly walked towards the nurse who was cradling the baby in his arms. I could see both of them through the transparent window in the room.

"Are you the guardian I talked with?" The nurse asked as she looked at the figure.

The figure wore a white shirt and black skinny jeans, he looked at the nurse before nodding slowly.

"Yes, that baby is Jang Aehye, I heard her parents have passed away recently, I am here to claim her," the man replied and the nurse nodded.

"I'm just going to need an ID and several information forms from you sir, please come with me," the nurse said and the man nodded before following the nurse.

They went inside an office with a brown door beside the room my parents were staying in. I sighed deeply as I fiddled with my fingers, a soft sigh escaping my lips.

Is this what the Almighty wants me to see?

Is this what really happened to me?

And what about Taehyung? Who really is he?

Why hasn't he changed a bit?

My mind was clouded with different thoughts. Then a click interrrupted my clouding questions as a figure walked out of the room with the baby, wrapped around a white cloth.

"Please take care of the baby, you know what you have to do, right? Can you also bring her to her other family members," the nurse said as she opened the door, making the man in a white shirt walk through

"I will, I promise I'll take good care of her. Are her parents never going to make it?" The man asked the nurse.

"I'm afraid yes, her parents have drowned. It's lucky that babies have strong respiratory systems that make them survive a bit more underwater," the nurse replied.

"That's really unfortunate. I'll tell the family about this, thank you very much once again," he smiled and bowed.

I looked at the baby, who was carried in the arms of the man in a snapback hat. He walked past me and made his way to the exit, pushing the door open before walking out the door.

I pushed myself up of the seat before following them after a few minutes, I look at the figure that was few meters away from me, and I hung my head down low before stepping down the stairs, following the figure that was carrying a baby that was me.

THIRD PERSON POV

The man continued to carry the baby gently in his arms. He smiled to himself at how the baby was snuggled in a white blanket. He got the call in the first ring. At first, he was shocked by the news, then he maintained himself as he dressed himself up to take the baby.

He cradled her in his arms, and the baby was asleep. He was relieved that the baby was still alive, but unfortunately, the parents didn't make it and that saddened him even more.

"I'm sorry for you," he mumbled and the baby let out a small shift before continuing her slumber, and he smiled softly at the baby.

He looked around as he did so, then he sighed deeply, and he peeked a bit at the back. His eyes widened as his eyes landed on the young woman following him. He slowly turned his back towards her.

"Hey miss, can you lend me some change?" The boy asked as he looked at the young woman.

Aehye's eyes lit up, she looked at the man. And she nodded slowly before burrowing inside her pockets, making herself lowkey as possible as she takes out silver coins from her pocket and placed them on his open palm.

"Thank you, I have a baby as you can see. I didn't bring money with me, so I'm sorry," he spoke as he bowed towards her.

"It's okay," she mumbled back and the boy started to turn his heel to the other direction. Aehye's eyes lit up as she followed them slowly.

Then, her eyes raised towards the lighting that hit her face. She slowly raised her head up to see a huge neon sign flashing.

The convenience store.

She looked through the window. Her eyes landing on the guy with the baby, his fingers scanning the different aisles and shelves inside the store.

Soon, the man walked towards the counter, something in his hand as he approached the cashier. The cashier took the object before passing it by the scanner, and she placed it in a small plastic bag before handing it over to him.

He took the plastic bag, his other arm securely wrapped around the newborn before turning his heel and making his way outside. He walked out and turned his back at Aehye, who hid by the corner.

She sighed in relief, but her eyes widened as she caught sight of the man turning a corner, towards a dark alley.

She inched towards the small alley, peeking through it slowly.

Meanwhile, the boy brought the baby with him, humming to himself before stoppung in the middle of the alley.

"We're here," he said as he looked at the baby.

He slowly knelt infront of something, and it was dark and lonely, he went down on one knee with the baby in his arms, his body turned sideways.

"Have some ramen," he said as he gave the plastic, and two hands recieved the plastic bag.

"I have a gift for you, I hope you treasure it, take care of it, make sure you love it forever and ever, don't leave it, because there will be a huge gift for you when you do," the man said as he kept talking to the darkness.

"What do you mean?"

"This is a miracle from the Almighty, He has been watching over you for years, don't forget that I'll be here to be with you in every step of the way in the future. You will have to work to live but it wall all pay off. So please, shower it with love."

"And for you my little girl, you are a special gift in the eyes of the angels and the Almighty. You will be the lock and they key, you will be the one to embrace the darkness and turn it into goodness. But you'll have to convince her you're her family. That she has no person to call her family."

And he gives the baby to the small and filthy hands of the young boy who was seated in the side of the alley. He was dressed in ragged clothes as well.

"You'll have to call her your cousin."

"This is your home, Kim Seokjin. Take care of her."

And the man in a white shirt? He was Jung Hoseok.

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote if u are shocked 👀

Haha I'm sorry but y'all I'm liking this backstory hehe

Shocking they ain't really cousins tho

Anyway, TDHS for Netflix, Webtoon, or kdrama?