XXII

"Good Morning! News flash! The culprit and the suspect behind the three murder cases of Lee Yeonjoo, Son Chaereum, and Yeo Saen has been captured and is under investigation. Interrogation from the court is still processing. For now, the suspect, none other than 29-year old detective Kim Seokjin is behind bars," the reporter said and the words flashed on the screen with the headlines,

"DETECTIVE HELD GUILTY?"

I looked down on the floor, my tears building up and pooling my eyes as I took the ticket out of the machine, making my way to the train station and I stood there, waiting for the doors to open.

As soon as the train opened it's doors, I made sure I went to the one of the seats with not much people, seating myself on it before looking down on the floor, my lips trembling.

Don't cry Aehye, everything will be alright.

Everything will be fine.

Seokjin is never guilty. He won't do something so brutal. I trust him. If he was the murderer in the first place he would have told me or would even kill me if he was. He wouldn't be the suspect, right?

As the train stopped, the doors opened and I walked out of the train, making my way to the exit of the subway before my eyes met the different streets of Itaewon.

Itaewon was a place of beauty indeed. It's where all the big parties and bars are at. And there are many events which all the tourists come to have a great time.

I sighed as I stepped into the cement sidewalk, making my way to the nearby clock shop. It was Sunday so the streets were mostly empty and the shops are mostly closed, so the streets aren'r crowded like Itaewon is supposed to be.

After a few more steps, I come across this clock shop, it was a small and old dusty shop. It had a small sign carved on a small plank of wood.

"Ticking Hickory"

I haven't heard of this clock shop. But it was the nearest and the first one I found as I walked on the streets of Itaewon.

I pushed the doors open and I was amazed by the old-but-gold interior. There were clocks that had different styles, some were ticking and some were not. I looked at the wooden tables and the wooden chairs. Basically, everything is made of wood.

"Hello miss! How may I help you?" A voice asked. I turned my head to meet eyes with a man dressed in black suspenders over a white button-up, a beret sat on his head as he looked at me and gave me a charming smile.

He had hazel brown hair and light brown eyes, his smile tugged into a sweet honey smile as he looked at me.

"Oh, I'm here for a clock repair," I tell him as I approach the table where there was a cash register and some screwdrivers, tweezers, and other tools used for repairing clocks.

"You've come to the right place, ma'am. I'm Huening Kai, we don't get customers here a lot so I'm honoured you chose Ticking Hickory for your services!" He smiled as he gave me a bow.

"No problem! Are you the one repairing the broken clocks?" I ask him and he gives me a blank stare before shaking his head slowly.

"Actually, no I don't. The man repairing the clock is downstairs at the basement. You can visit him and tell him what's wrong with your clock," Huening Kai spoke, and I nodded as I gripped the clock which was inside the bag, holding it tightly.

"Okay, thank you Kai. Where's the basement though?" I asked him. He purses his lips before gesturing to the red-painted door.

"It's over there, just be careful though, it leads underground and it's dark, so I recommend you'd use a flashlight," Kai replied as he gave me a yellow flashlight.

"Thank you, I'll be going now, thank you so much," I bowed at him, and he nodded back before I made my way to the door.

My fingertips touched the gold knob, before turning it open, my eyes widened at how dark it is inside. I switched the flashlight on and I shone it on the dark canvas, and a path of old stairs showing as I looked at how dusty the way down is.

I sighed deeply, looking behind me to see Kai cleaning a clock, his side profile visible to me as I turn back to the staircase, exhaling deeply before lifting my right leg and taking a step down.

As the staircase creaked, I took my other leg and placed it on the one below the step, my legs kept trailing lower and lower until I reached the hard and flat cement floor.

The room was pitch black, and my eyes squinted as I swished the flashlight around the area, looking around as everything was dark.

I took a few steps, walking around as I looked for any light in this place.

"Hello? Anyone there?" I called as I looked around.

Suddenly, there was a glowing thing right at the middle of the room, and my eyes widened as I approached it.

It was an oil lamp.

And it was floating in midair.

I raised my arm, the glowing thing begging me to touch it as I leaned forward, my eyes fascinated at how much the lamp glowed.

"Hi."

Every hair in my body stood as I swiftly turned my head to where I heard that voice. I looked at where it was coming from.

My eyes trailed to a figure wearing a black robe, the hood hid it's face as it looked at me, hands on the sides as it stood there.

"Um, hi? Are you..?" I asked the figure, who was still over there.

The oil lamp glowed even more, and I looked at the figure who's hands were raised, creeping towards it's hood and pulling it off.

And I gasped as I saw it's face.

"I'm Kim Namjoon.....

......and I'm the Grim Reaper."

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote and win a billion dAllAs

I recommend playing Done for Me by Punch to create thAt dRamATIc vIbe.

When I tell you you're gonna go down shit with my books

yOu'Re gOnnA gO dOwn

So I was brushing my teeth and i walked outside of the bathroom with the brush in my mouth. My dad went in the bathroom and lOcKed iT without knowing I was still brushing my teeth so now I'm locked out of the bathroom with the foam in my mouth thanks a lot dad 🌚