XXXVII

"Bring them here! Right this instant!"

As the king said those words, Woo-shik sighed deeply. His head was in a spin. He didn't believe, he didn't want to believe that his friends, his companions were the ones who stole the king's treasures.

Woo-shik roughly grabbed Hyung Sik, who was standing at the gates of the throne room, while inhaling the fresh air of blossoms, his eyes grew wide as he saw his dongsaeng pulling him inside.

"Woo-shik? What's the matter? Let me go! I can walk," Hyung Sik told Woo-shik as he tried to release himself from the latter's grip.

"You need to come, the king is summoning you in his presence," Woo-shik spoke as he was followed by his army of men behind him as they entered the throne room of Wolseong.

Upon their arrival, King Jinheung's eyes blazed in anger as he looked at the man who was kneeled on the floor, a piece of rope tied around his wrists.

Soon, the gates burst open again to reveal...

...Seojoon.

He was also tied in rope and was forcefully pushed down to the floor, his eyes squinting at the pain that grazed on his knees.

"You two! Are you responsible for this?" The King growled in anger as he pulled out his blinging jewelries.

"Your Majesty! We would never do such a thing!" Seojoon cried as he bowed towards His Majesty.

"Yes, Your Highness. We are very dedicated to you! We would never do that!" Hyung Sik continued as he bowed his head on the ground.

"Do you still have the guts to lie to your king after stealing?!" The King fired back looking at the two men.

"But Your Majesty! I was at the courtyard for the whole afternoon!" Hyung Sik reasoned.

"And I was helping the maids for the ceremony your Majesty!" Seojoon said as he faced His Majesty.

"I'm sorry, but since I've heard these words coming out from the Head General, the man I trusted,

You will be hung today."

"What Your Majesty? No! We are innocent! We have been framed!" Seojoon shouted as he looked at the king in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, but there is no other evidence to show it wasn't you," The King said.

Hyung Sik's eyes filled with tears, a tear rolling down as he looked at his hyung who was looking back at him worriedly. A thick tension was in the air and Seojoon nodded his head slowly.

Suddenly, the doors burst open, the eyes of all the people in the room directing towards the person, the soldiers parted the middle and stood by the side.

"Your Majesty! I-," the person paused as his eyes fell to the two boys wrapped in rope, facing the king.

"Your Majesty! What is the meaning of this?" The person said as he faced him.

"Taehyung," the King began as he looked at his son.

"Your Majesty, I came to tell you that the woman you are insisting in marrying is my wife," Taehyung said as he looked at the King he called his father.

"What? How did you know that? Who told you?" King Jinheung asked he looked at his son with a stern expression on his face.

"Your Majesty, I have been in this palace since I was a child, do you think I would not know about the whereabouts happening?" Taehyung shot back as he looked the king.

"It was Seojoon, isn't it?" King Jinheung said as he narrowed his eyes at the latter.

"No, Your Majesty-," Taehyung said but was cut off.

"I already knew Seojoon would tell you that discreetly, don't even try to lie to me," The King said as he leaned himself on the throne.

"That's it, make sure you dress those men in white, they will be hung today, and the wedding will commence," The King spoke as he pointed at the guards.

The guards nodded, but Woo-shik was hesitant. He looked at the ground, his hands shaking as he did so.

"Your Majesty! Please listen to us! We did not do anything!" Hyung Sik cried as the guards hooked their arms around him, forcing him to stand up.

"Your Majesty, take me instead and leave Hyung Sik alone! Hang my head for he is innocent!" Seojoon said as he tried to withstand the grip coming from his arms.

"I don't even want to see your face anymore Seojoon, take them away!" The King said as he pointed to the gates.

Suddenly, a voice surrounded the room, followed by fast footsteps.

"Your Majesty!

They are not the ones you are looking for."

----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or Oli oppar will haunt you tonight.

So I got this huge bruise on my nose because of my brother and my dad thinks I need a nose job wkwkhsbs :/

Anyway, here's sum fanart :)

By @MinJeonTae :)

Send fanart on Ig: sujinniie