XXVII

AEHYE POV

"As the clock strikes 12, you'll be back in your world, but as the clock strikes another round in 1, your world will wither like the feather's ashes."

I heard Namjoon's voice whirl in my head as I felt myself again, I felt my limp body, resting on a hard surface.

My eyelids slowly opened, my body aching as I tried to sit up, the slippery rocks kept slipping from my grasp.

My wet hair was covering my face as I looked up, my blurry vision dotting my eyesight as I look around my surroundings. I was laying on a pile of wet rocks beside a seashore. I was drenched in saltwater too.

"Dear, are you alright?" A light voice asked and I tilted my head to the right, my neck aching as my gaze landed to a pair of feet infront of me.

"You're all soaked, let me help you," it said as it grabbed my hand, and an electric shock runs through my spine as I try to sit up, my vision clearing as I did so. The person pushed my upper body up, helping me sit up.

Where is the dark sky? The red mountains?

I looked at the blue sea and the light blue sky. The air was clean and clear. I took my other hand and swiped all the wet hair covering my wet face, blinking a bit before transferring my gaze to the person who helped me sit up.

It was a young woman and she gave me a small smile before giving me a slight nod. Her hair was neatly tied into a bun.

"You're going to catch a cold, my home is just over there. I can't bear to see a young girl like you abandoned here," she said as she placed her arms around my waist, helping me to stand.

My head was still spinning, I nodded before wrapping an arm around hee shoulder, groggily lifting myself up with her help.

We went to the hanok, my feet sinked into the grains of golden sand as we walked to her home. I did need a rest and a shower from how sticky and tired I felt.

"I hope you can atleast walk yourself into one of the rooms. We have a mat there for you to sit on," she said and she gave me a smile whilst sliding her shoes off.

I did the same and I dragged myself as inside as she slipped her shoes off as well. My feet touched the clean mat-like floor before bowing at her.

She nodded back.

"I'll prepare a meal, go rest. It looks like your body is in pain. After eating, you can bathe. For now, you should rest in that room," she said as she gestured to a small room at the right.

"Yes, thank you so much," I said and I walked to the room, immediately spotting the bamboo mat before placing myself down, careful not to soak any clothes or fabric.

My mind was clouded with different thoughts.

How did I end up here?

I buried my hands inside my pockets, the feeling of cold metal can be felt as my fingertips brushed against a certain object.

I pulled the object out and I sighed deeply in relief, looking at the gold thing in my hand.

The pocketwatch is still with me. Thank God.

Soon, the woman walked inside the room, carrying a tray of kimchi, egg rolls, and jjajangmyeon.

"Oh ma'am, I can't accept this! This is too much!" I said as I raised my hands up, looking at her with a cheerful smile.

"Hey, I'm the older one here. You should accept this, it's really okay. You're still young and you need to eat well," she replied before placing the meal infront of me.

She's so kind, even though I never knew her.

But at the same time, do I have a choice to argue with this sweet lady?

"Ma'am, you really shouldn't. But thank you so much, I will enjoy the meal for you," I replied before picking the chopsticks up, taking a piece of egg roll before placing it in my mouth, savouring the taste.

"You can call me Bae Joohyeon. I'm not that old for you to call me such a name, it makes me old, what's yours?" she chuckled before looking at me.

"Oh, I'm sorry, my name is Jang Aehye," I answered whilst giving her a sheepish smile.

"Why were you at the sea alone? I saw you drenched as if you drowned?" She asked me.

I swallowed the food before opening my mouth.

"Well, it's a long story," I replied as I placed the food inside my mouth before mixing my jjajangmyeon.

"Really? Well then, I would like to ask a question," she said as she looked at me up and down.

"Yes, sure," I replied as I looked at her eyes.

"What are you wearing?" She asked me, with a puzzled expression written on her face.

I cocked a brow before swallowing my food again. I was confused by the question which had an obvious answer.

"This is a sweater, and... some jeans," I replied briefly, giving her a confused expression.

"But you're supposed to wear a this," she replied. And my eyes widened.

Then, a thought hit me, and my eyes widened. The gears in my head starting to run.

"Ms. Joohyeon, I would like to ask.... where am I?" I ask her, and she gives me a weirded out face before opening her mouth.

"You're in the Silla Dynasty, Jang Aehye-ssi."

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote if y'all are confused lol

But anyway, this is not inspired by Scarlet Heart btw (I planned this out before I even watched the drama lol)

^okay, maybe a biT

I have more plans, plans with this Taehye ship that has been silent for 5 chapters lol 👁👁

Anyway, the next chapter is gonna be spiCy like Hoseok's delicious forehead.

So apparently, I slept at 12am and woke up at 11am now I can't sleep and I'm writing this at 2am 👁👁