ch20 cavalry battle p1

authors pov

"the first game of the first year stage is finally over!" nemuri said. "now lets take a look at the results," nemuri shows the results on the screen to y/n and izuku being the very first and yuga being the very last. "the top forty two make it to the next round!" she announced. "it's unfortunate, but don't even worry if you didn't make it! we've prepared other chances for you to shine," she said, licking her lips. "the real competition begins next! give it your all!" she said as the screen was choosing the next game. "now then, here is the second game. i already now what it is, but what could be? what could it be?" she said, putting all expect y/n on the edge.

'really auntie? wow,' y/n thought, smirking to herself.

"izuku. chill," y/n whispered to him. "it's not gonna be that hard,"

"how do know that?"

"don't you trust me?  it's just be a cavalry battle look," she said pointing at the screen.

"let me explain. the participants can go for teams to two to four people as they wish. it's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, there's no thing different. based on the results of the last game, each person has been assigned a point value," said nemuri.

some of the students started talking about it making nemuri crack her whip, bringing the attention back to her.

"yes that's right! and the points go up by five starting from the bottom. and the point value assigned to first place is ten million!" she said. and like it was planned all of the students, expect y/n, looked izuku.

"now then i will explain the rules of the cavalry battle," nemuri starts flicking her whip up. "the time limit is fifteen minutes. each team is worth the total of its members points and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. teams will try to grab each other's  headband until time runs out, and try to keep as much points as they can. stolen headbands must be worn from neck up. so the more you steal, the harder it will be to mange them! the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team fails you're still not out!"

'this is gonna get messy real quick,' thought y/n.

"during the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your quirks," nemuri says. "but it is still a cavalry battle. you'll get a red card for attacks that try and make people fall on purpose! you'll be removed immediately!"

"damn," katsuki whispered.

"now you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. start!" in seconds y/n was swarmed with people from different classes pleading for her to be on their team. as she came in second, is worth a huge amount of points.

"team up with me!"

"please be on my team,"

"can you come on my team?"

"please come on my team!"

"look guys. i'm good. i already have a team i wanna go in. so thank you but no," y/n said walking off to izuku. "hey izuku," he looked over to y/n. "you wanna be on my team?" to her surprise izuku started to cry. she panicked not sure of what she did wrong

"y/n!" he cried. "i-is it really okay? everyone will be after me and my ten million stupid points!" y/n smiled softly and patted his head. causing him to blush.

"izu. chill. yes it's okay because i asked you and with me on your team we gonna do just fine," y/n smiled. ochaco walked over and smiled when she saw y/n and izuku. 

"deku, y/n lets be a team!"

"yeah!"

"uraraka!" izuku started crying again.

"izu. chill. you don't need to cry again," y/n said face palming. "we need to think of a plan. we try and stay away from everyone and if they come to us, we attack. i think with that we can win,"

"i think that can work y/n," ochaco said nodding.

"you just agree with everything don't you?" y/n asked. ochaco nodded again, rubbing her hand on the back of her neck.

"i think you guys are overestimating me," izuku said softly.

"yeah cause we would,"

"plus it's better to team up with people you like," ochaco said.

"it's not always better to do that but in this cause it is,"

"okay. but we now we need someone else on our team," izuku said thinking.

"why don't we get ida for our team?" asked ochaco.

"because ida wants to be with prince. look," y/n said pointing over to tenya, shoto, momo and denki forming a team.

"oh," ochaco said. 

'maybe she likes him?' y/n thought, looking over at ochaco. 

"nah ochaco. don't be sad," y/n said trying to cheer her up. "i'm pretty sure there's someone else we can get for our team,"

with that y/n and midoriya looked around the stadium for the perfect candidate. when y/n found them, she smiled.

"i know who we can get on our team,"