ch29 sports festival over. finally

[another short chapter]

authors pov

"wait why am i here?" y/n said to chiyo.

"your eyes still have smoke in them," chiyo said. 

"and? i don't need my eyes to do things," y/n said, folding her arms. chiyo guided her to the other bed as katsuki was still lying on it. unconscious.

"just open them so i can see," y/n hummed and opened her eyes. they were red[the literal inside like around the pupil].

"i see. close them sweetie," y/n closed them and chiyo kissed y/n's eyelids heeling them.

"thank you," y/n looked over to katsuki. "is he gonna be okay?"

"he's going to be fine sweetie. he's just unconscious," y/n hummed in response. 

"y/n!" izuku shouted. he collided into her and hugged her. "are you okay? you had your eyes closed after kacchan used his quirk near your face. are you blind? are you okay?"

"izu?" y/n rubbed his back.

"ah! y/n, i'm sorry," izuku said, rubbing his neck after stepping back.

"nah don't worry. it's chill," y/n laughed. "did i miss my match against prince?"

"i think they are still preparing," 

"okay. you wanna walk me?"

"um okay," y/n took izuku's hand and gently dragged him out the room.

'we're holding hands!'

'he's panicking,'

"you don't have to hold my hand if you don't want to," y/n said ready to release her hand from his.

"no, um it's okay," izuku said. "i don't mind holding hands with you," izuku whispered, hoping y/n didn't hear it. but she did, which made her smile a little.

*time skip*

"are you ready! the final fight of the sports festival! my daughter y/n aizawa vs the son of endeavor, shoto todoroki!" hizashi announced. 

y/n and shoto glared at each other across the stage. shoto's face blank with no emotion but his eyes showing everything he's feeling. y/n could tell.

'should he win? should i let him win?' she thought.

"start!" shoto wasted no time and sent waves of ice at y/n. y/n dodged them all.

'he looks too sad,' she thought as ice cut her cheek. but she took no notice. honestly she didn't mind that much. she could heal it she wanted.

shoto's eyes widened. he was confused why this girl was just dodging his ice and not looking at the cut on her cheek. he sent move ice waves but y/n just teleported seconds before it would hit her. 

y/n teleported right in front of his face. she was going to hit him unconscious but she didn't want to. she smirked at him and teleported back to nemuri.

"auntie? i give up. i don't wanna fight no more," y/n said.

"what? y/n why?"

"just don't wanna," y/n shrugged walking out of bounds.

"y/n aizawa forfeits the game! shoto todoroki wins!" nemuri yells in confusion. the whole crowd yelled in confusion. but the most confused was shoto todoroki.

*time skip*

y/n stood on the second highest pedestal. a neutral look on her face. she didn't mind coming in second. it was less important than her friend. well she calls him a friend.  she looked over to see a blank faced shoto. she looked to the other side to see katsuki fuming. he was grumbling but he kept quiet enough.

'why would she do that?' he thought. 'she never asked me to use my left side but she gives the atmosphere of someone who went through what i went through,'

"in addition to bakugo, there's also ida in third place, but he left for family reasons. thank you for understanding,"[bakugo's not chained up because i don't want him to be] nemuri shouted. "now we will award the medals!"

a huge laugh echoed through the stadium telling everyone that toshinori was here. he jumped from the top of the stadium.

"our very own hero, allmight-"

"i am here-" they both said overlapping each other. the medals were given out. third to katsuki, second to y/n and first to shoto. the crowd filled up with cheers and shouting.

'this shit is over. finally,'