ch23 the tournament p1

[lots of pov changing]

authors pov

"hey guys are you ready?" hizashi yelled into the microphone through the speakers. the crowd roared in response. "a lot has happened but it has now come to this! a serious battle! you can only depend on yourself! even if you're not a hero you'll face lots of situations like that! you get it right? heart, skill, body, wisdom and knowledge! use all of that to rush up!"

"hito," y/n said. she's standing with him waiting for his name to be called out since he was going first. "how you feeling?"

"scared. i don't think i can win this," hitoshi said said looking down. y/n looked at him and sighed.

"since when were you a pussy?" y/n said, crossing her arms.

"you don't have to be so mean,"

"yeah. i do. do your best baby/big bro. i believe in you and shit like that," y/n laughed.

"thanks," hitoshi said, getting ready to walk out. "wait,"

"what's the deal with you and midoriya?"

"i don't know. i guess i kinda like him,"

"kinda?"

"hey! i'm figuring out my feelings,"

"yeah, yeah. okay,"

"audience! the finals you've all been waiting for are finally starting! match number one, even though he's done well, what's with that face? from the hero course, it's midoriya izuku!" yelled hizashi.

"i'll be rooting for you," y/n said walking back to join her class.

"versus my other child! aizawa hitoshi!" hizashi yelled. the crowd went wild. "the rules are simple. force your opponents out of bounds, or immobilize them! you can also win by making your opponents say i give up. bring on the injuries! because we've got our very own recovery girl waiting on standby! put your morals and ethics aside for a moment! of course, anything life-threating is crap! it's not allowed! heroes should only use their fist to catch villains'!" hizashi said as y/n made her way to the second floor. 

y/n walked over to ochaco who was standing behind the railing which was on top of the gate that izuku came out of.

"i give up, eh? did you hear that midoriya? this event is a battle to test the strength of out determination. if i had a strong desire for the future, the fears don't matter," hitoshi said to izuku. y/n used enhanced senses to listen in their conversation.

"without further ado, lets start this battle shall we?" hizashi yelled.

"and still, that monkey keeps talking nonsense about his stupid dignity," hitoshi said making izuku mad.

'why is he saying that? hito doesn't usually seem like that. is he just trying to piss off izuku?' y/n thought. she looked over to izuku. 'he does look mad...it's actually kinda hot,' she thought. 'hold up...'

"ready! begin!" hizashi yelled.

"to throw away an opportunity like this one so easily...don't you think he's the biggest idiot that you've ever seen?" hitoshi smirked.

"what did you say?" izuku yelled, running towards hitoshi. hitoshi smirked and izuku froze on the spot.

"victory is mine,"

"ah! shit! midoriya, what did i tell you?" ojiro yelled from beside y/n.

"midoriya isn't moving an inch! he's just standing there, gaping like a moron! this is hitoshi's quirk at play?" hizashi said, definitely excited.