ch39 gear up for final exams p2

[ik there aren't a lot of fluff scenes in this book between u and izuku. i'm sorry but it's a shouen. i'll try and add small bits tho]

authors pov

"the practical exam, huh?" izuku muttered to himself. "it's kinda scary since i can't tell what it would be on,"

"i don't think it would be anything crazy," ida said, as he thanked for his food.

"it will be," y/n said, after taking a bit of her food. "nezu is way too insane to make the final exam not crazy. we just have to be prepared," she was sitting across izuku. shoto and ida were sitting on his right[?], with ochaco and tsuyu on her left[?]. ochaco came in fourteenth and tsuyu came in seventh.

izuku was about to respond back to y/n but his head got slammed forward by neito. 

"oh sorry. your head was so big i accidently hit it," neito said, snickering.

"if you can see his head so well why can't you see the ash coming off you, every time you step," y/n said glaring at him. her head tilted to the side a little making her look a bit scary.

"your wounds really hurt me, they really do," neito said. "hey, speaking of your words...i heard you guys met the hero killer,"

'what has that got to do with my words?'

"just like at the sports festival, you guys in class a just have to have all the attention huh? gut that attention is because people have high hopes for you. it's cause you keep attracting trouble right? that's scary. someday the rest of us might also be caught up in the trouble you bring and become victims as well. like getting cursed by the god pestilence! that's sca-" he didn't finish as itsuka hit him in the head making him unconscious. she grabbed him by the back of his shirt.

"monoma. that's not funny. don't you know what happened to ida?"

"kendo!"

"sorry class a. this guy's heart is just kinda you know,"

'his heart..?!

"you guys were talking earlier about how you don't know what's gonna be on  the practical exams for finals, right?" she said, putting a hand to her head. "looks like it'll be combat against the robots like in the entrance exam,"

"what really? how do you know?"

'no way. that's too obvious. fuck,'

"an upperclassman friend of mine told me. it's kinda cheating, though,"

"no it's not cheating," izuku said. "that's right i'm sure gathering information ahead of time is also apart of the test. i see i should've asked some upperclassmen...why didn't i realize?"

"izu. chill," 

"are you an idiot kendo? we had an information advantage!" neito said regaining conscious. "this was out chance to get ahead of the detestable class a!" itsuka hit him again, making him lose conscious. she took momoma's tray and started to walk away.

"they're not detestable!"

"she's like the big sis of class big huh?" y/n said.

*time skip*

"all right!" mina and denki yelled at the same time.

"it'll be easy if it's robots," denki said, feeling more relaxed.

"yeah, yeah!" mina agreed.

"but you two have a hard time using your quirks against people," y/n said, sitting on izuku's desk.

"yeah but i can let loose with robots, so it'll be a cinch!"

"and it'll be a cinch for me to melt them!"

"now you just need yaoyorozu to help you study and you'll be set for finals!" hanta said, pointing finger guns at them. 

"we'll definitely go to the training camp now!" mina and denki said in sync. izuku thought about the words toshinori told him and y/n about fighting this great evil.

'in order to prepare to face those words, i have to make everything count from now on,' he thought clenching his fist. she turned to her see boyfriend with clenched fist. she put her hand other his.

"izu. are you okay? it's kinda like you're brooding or something,"

"yeah i'm just thinking about what allmight told us," y/n pursed her lips.

"you don't need to think about it that much. when it gets here, it gets here. we'll deal with it together. remember, it's my shit too,"

"it doesn't matter if they're people or robots. they're the same if you beat 'em up right?" katsuki said, ready to leave the classroom. "what are you idiots talking about it being a cinch for?"

"who are you calling an idiot?"

"shut up! if you need to control your quirk, then control it! idiot!" he shouted. "hey deku!" y/n and izuku looked at katsuki. not just them, the whole class looked at them. "i don't know if you've figured out how to use your quirk a little or what, but you seriously keep rubbing me the wrong way,"

"he must be talking about how deku was moving like bakugo the other day," ochaco said.

"oh yeah!"

"i don't need a half assed result like at the sports festival!" katsuki shouted. "at the upcoming finals, we'll get individual scores, so we'll see who's better whether you like it or not. i'll beat you with beat you with an indisputable difference! i'll kill you!" izuku got scared but the contact of y/n's hand made him feel calmer. "aizawa! too!" y/n smirked and nodded in response. everyone watched katsuki storm out the classroom and slam the door shut.

"it's been a while since i've seen bakugo that intense," eijiro said, rubbing the back of his hair.

"could it be impatience...? or hatred?"