ch8 truth

your pov

with my help, midoriya dodged all of uncles toshis' questions with ease. i made a very good excuse which he seemed to believe. thank god. 

right now i'm walking home with him. and its quiet. too quiet. and i don't like it. maybe i should tell him that i know about one for all. wait wouldn't he freak out though? but he should have freaked out ages ago cause i basically told him when i told the class. hmmm i-

"y/n?"

"huh?"

"you looked deep in thought," said midoriya scratching his cheek, smiling.

"yeah I am," i sighed.

"about what?" i looked over at him. "oh s-sorry. i didn't m-mean you had to tell me. it's just t-that a problem shared is a problem halved. and if you tell me I might be able to help you i-if you want?" i laughed at his behavior. damn you're too pure for your own good. i stopped in my step and midoriya stopped as well.

"midoriya chill ok? I'll tell you my 'problem'," i said forming quotation marks with my hands. "but you've gotta promise to keep an open mind about it ok?"

"of course y/n,"

"ahem," i took a deep breathe and closed my eyes. "iknowthatyouarethenewholderofoneforallbecauseIsenseditonyouagesagobutididntsayanythinguntilnowcauseIthoughtyouwouldfreakout," 

"eh?" i opened my eyes and looked over to him. he blinked a few times with confusion written all over his face. then his eyes went wide as realization hit him like a brick "EH?!"

"shush," i said covering his mouth. "this is exactly why i didn't wanna say anything. i knew you would freak out. you gotta calm down okay? i'm gonna remove ma hand and promise me you you'll be calm," izuku nodded. i slowly took away my hand from his mouth.

"so um how did you know about allmight um condition?"

"oh i found out when i was like eight i think,"

"woah," he said with stars in his eyes. literal stars. wtf? we started to walk again at a steady pace. "how did eight year old you handle it?" i thought back to that memory.

"eh? I'm not gonna tell you,"

"what? why not?" he pleaded.

"cause i don't wanna,"

"y/n please. i wont say anything promise?" damn it. why are you cute?

"alright alright. so basically......" i told Midoriya about it and he burst out laughing. "hey! why are you laughing?" i whined.

"because it was funny," he breathed out.

"hmph alright then," i said. we walked in silence after that. but this time it was comfortable. this time, it was nice.