Chapter 39

Davina's POV

A good two days has passed since my birthday and my mom called the whole day so did Michael, Ivanna, and Dad. Of course, I didn't return the calls nor did I answer them. They would be moving to America next week and I'll probably have to show them around. Mom and Dad would be living in Chicago, Michael in California and I don't know about Jason. I'm not even sure he's coming.

Twirling in my seat I focus on the task at hand, the people I'm moving to New York as their new base.

There's a soft knock at the door and I frown before responding. The door opens and Dave walks in.

"Mr. Farrow is here to see you,"

"Ahhh, Long time no see, tell him to come in,"

A few minutes later Mr. Farrow walks in with a smile on his face.

"This had better be good news," I sigh folding my hands on the table and staring at him.

"The Walkers have agreed to the contract although they would like to meet you as soon as possible," He smiles his hands folded in front of him

"That is the greatest news I've heard all month," I beam

"Get in touch with them and schedule the closest date you can get,"

"Sure ma'am,"

"Ma'am I told you I would secure them for you," He smiles and the faint smile on my face disappears

"Well congratulations on securing them, why don't you also secure your future by getting out of this office this instant," I slam my hands down on the table and he quickly scurries out.

"Fucking Farrow," I mutter under my breath before settling in my seat

Picking up my phone I dial Martins and he picks up on the third ring.

"Good news," I beam

"Oh yeah?"

"The walkers have agreed to partner," I squeal

"That's great news! When are you meeting up with them?"

"I'm not sure yet," I inform him tapping the pen on my forehead

"Just be great,"

"Sure, I'll be on my best behavior," I laugh and we say our goodbyes

I roll off the bed the next morning having a bad feeling. Checking the calendar on my phone I notice it's the day.

Having my bath and doing all the necessary things I step into my black dress and black heels. I look into the mirror staring at my reflection, my red short hair looking bland and my face blank. Sighing I sit back down on the bed straighten my dress over and over again before heading to the cemetery with the driver, Sandra, and Carlos.

Carlos takes balloons along and I try to hide my shaking hands as we get closer to the cemetery.

Getting down from the car with Carlos we head to Antonio's marble coated grave. 

"Mommy, are we here to see daddy?" Carlos inquires and I close my eyes sighing.

Sitting on the grass I look at Antonio's epitaph which reads: Here lies Antonio De La Rosa, a loving husband, and son.

Today is the only day I let myself be me, the only day I let myself cry and let my guard down.

I raise my head up to the sky crying and holding onto the grass around me.

Carlos frowns sitting on the grass looking at me.

"Mommy why are you crying and where is daddy?" He inquires and I continue to sob

"Mommy please don't cry, I love you," he hugs me and I hold him tight crying into his chest.

"Say hello," I raise my head holding his hand and waving it to the grave and he frowns

"Nobody is there,"

"Someone is there," I give him a small smile and he frowns before speaking up again

"I want to give it to daddy," He smiles at me and I collect the balloons from him before giving him a small smile, telling him to go back to the car.

Telling the driver to head back home I'm left alone at the cemetery.

The sky is cloudy and I'm still sobbing in silence. 

"I don't know why you left me? Wasn't I enough for you?" I sob rocking my body staring at the dead silent grave

"Did I do anything to hurt your feelings?" I cry sniffing "Just give me one last chance, I just want to feel you one last time,"

"This epitaph is boring, it doesn't fully describe how amazing you were," I cry

"What can I tell you? We have a son, he looks like you," I laugh and cry at the same time "And I'm managing the mafia pretty well," I sigh

"I remember how much you hated me sighing because it made you think I was tired of you," I chuckle between cries

"I'm tired of this, I just want you to be with me, is it too much to ask for?"

"Gosh, you can't even talk back to me," I sob running my hand through my hair

"I struck a deal with the Walkers," I continue pathetically "I'll make sure Salvador gets what is coming to him,"

A few minutes later I'm sitting stiffly in front of the grave waiting for Antonio to talk to me and a tap on my shoulder brings me to reality. 

I whip my head around to come face to face with a frowning brown-eyed Cole.

"Hey," he gives me a small smile and I stare at him in his all black outfit

"What are you doing here?" I ask

"I..." he takes a seat on the grass next to me

"Aren't you cold?" He inquires taking off his black jacket

"I...I'm fine," I stutter finally starting to feel the cold and he places the jacket on my shoulders rolling his eyes. His clean scent attacks my nostrils and I immediately feel warm and safe pulling the jacket around myself.

"So what are you doing here," I ask again

"I came to see my fiancée," he replies his eyes looking down 

Cliffhanger check ;) 

Click that star if you are surprised by Cole's confession

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE! 

What do you think Davina's reaction will be?

Are you shocked or surprised?