Chapter 4

"Where is that bastard?" I spit

"He's in there."

I walk into the dimly lit room and watch the blood drip from his face. Pulling his face up to look at me I smile satisfied with the damage. He has a purple eye, a few teeth knocked out, and cuts on his cheek.

"Salvador sent you right? To fuck with the shipments." I say and he whimpers trying to free his hands which are tied to the chair

I give him a hard slap on the face.

"Look at me!" I shout and he immediately looks at me

I punch him square in the face and I know a few people are watching through the glass window.

It was a rule to watch when others were being tortured, it would make one stronger because slowly you would be used to the violence and barely flinch.

"I'm gonna use you as a warning to Salvador." I smile wickedly

"Please." He sputters

I walk over to the cabinet that contains different torturing equipment. I pick up a knife and I twirl it around.

"You would regret this day," I tell him

Tearing his shirt off. I draw out my initial 'D.L' on his body as a mark of who did it and he screams and I focus on finishing with the initial. I throw a few more punches to his face not wanting to get too dirty I send someone in to cut off his legs and send the top part of his body to Salvador's base in America. I can imagine how pissed he would be about this and I smile to myself satisfied. I wash my hands removing all the filth from me before drying it and walking back into the room.

"Martin, how nice to see you here." I roll my eyes sarcastically at the man seated in my chair

"Nice to see you too." He smiles "How's work?"

I take a few files from the table and I sit on the sofa opposite him.

"Good."

"And Carlos?"

"He's fine," I tell him

Apart from my family, only Martin knows about Carlos and that's because he comes to my house so frequently that he found out.

"Need help with work?" he asks

"Not really."

"You know we work together, why don't you just let me help you?"

"I'm fine this way but if I do need your help I'll ask for it." I flash him a smile

"Okay then." He shrugs "Have you checked out the recruits?"

"No, I'll do that when I'm less busy." I cross out the last shipment from the paper

"Whatever, I wanna check them out." He stands up heading for the door

"You're free." I shrug and he walks out of my office

"Dave come in!" I yell as he walks in dressed in all black, the dragon tattoo on his neck exposed and a stern look on his face. 

"Take a seat."

"Talk to me." I look up from my work meeting his eyes

"It's important you make a trip to Italy soon." He tells me "We need someone more capable there, I suggest you remove Louis."

"I noticed." I nod "John should be able to handle it in the meantime, when I'm less busy, I'll tend to matters there myself."

"Okay."

"Tell Reina to come see me a bit later."

He nods leaving me again to the work.

Getting home a bit early today I take a relaxing bath before changing into my pj's and going to Carlos's room where he is playing. Smiling I walk over to him and scoop him up in my hands.

"Mama," His eyes light up and I peck his check

"Let's watch a movie." I smile at him walking out of his room along with him and some blankets in my hands. We head downstairs together and into the large living room.

I put on cars and we're both watching it intently.

"Where is Sandra?" I mutter "Sandra?!"

"Yes ma'am." She appears a few minutes later

"Can you please make us something to eat?" I smile at her and she nods

"Sure, ma'am."

Sandra fixes us something to eat and in the middle of the movie my phone rings and the caller ID flashes Elyssa.

"Hey girl!" she screams in my ear and I pull the phone away a bit.

Looking over at Carlos he is watching the movie intently. I leave for my room and move into the balcony.

"What's up?"

"Well, I was thinking I'd come over and keep you company since Michael isn't home."

"No!" I shout awkwardly and I quickly correct myself "I mean, I have some work to do,"

"You always have work," she sighs "Take a break."

"Nope, I'm fine," I assure her

Elyssa is Troy's wife one of Antonio's longtime partners. We met at a party which I and Antonio attended together. We instantly became friends and when Antonio died she attempted to help me but I shut everyone out.

"Whatever you say," She sighs "But I'm coming over tomorrow."

"Fine." I roll my eyes and I end the call walking back into the living room to a Carlos who didn't seem to notice my absence.

Click the star at the bottom of your screen and make me smile! :)

VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!