Chapter 29

"Hello?" Her smooth voice rings out thick with sleep

"Are you busy?" I inquire 

"No, not at all," 

"Are you sure?" I press

"Yeah," she replies

"uh...I was wondering if you can help me, my sister went missing," and the statement sounds so wrong as soon as it comes out, like a little boy looking for his baby sister and can't do it alone. 

I hear some shuffling in the background and she speaks up again

"Where are you?"

I describe where I am and a few minutes later a car headlight catches my attention. A certain redhead hops out of the car dressed in black. I am shocked she acknowledged me but I guess she has more sympathy than I thought. 

"Thanks for coming,"

"No problem," she shrugs

"Where d'you last see her?"

"She was at home."

"Hmm...We have to go back there and try to find some clue," she informs me

"Wait," I start taking her son into consideration "Where's your son?"

"He's fine." She states her lips pressed into a thin line "Let's go,"

We head back to the house while everyone else is still out looking for Tanya. Searching her room we find her boyfriend's name and address on her laptop after getting the password. We head over to his parents' place where he stays.

The motherfucker doesn't even have his own house and he ran off with my sister. God, I hope she's safe.

"How do you know so much about running away?" I ask her and she stares at me before sighing

"I once tried to run away," She states before ringing the doorbell to Max's parents' home.

I can't actually put together a reason why she would want to run away from home, wasn't she born into the mafia? Didn't she understand how it works?

I am definitely more curious now but it will have to wait, Tanya comes first.

After gathering a bit of useful information we set off, looking for his friends. Fortunately, we had to torture a few to get them talking. Turns out he plans on taking Tanya to Canada across the border, without fucking passports.

The breeze hits my face as I speed across the almost empty road with only one mission in mind, to get Tanya back.

"I think you should call in reinforcements to meet us there, or block the road," Davina informs me

"Here," I hand her my phone giving her instructions on who to call.

We are still speeding on the road trying to get a hold of the black truck Max is supposed to be driving.

"Cole! Watch out!" Davina calls out but it's too late the car makes contact with the car in front of us. The impact jolting me back, my head resting on the steering wheel. The car rolls over before landing on its roof. 

Davina manages to get out of the car rolling down the hill

I hope she's not hurt. Using the back of my hand to clean my bleeding lip I swiftly tear off my seatbelt, breaking the window I open the car door from the outside rolling unto the ground.

I groan standing up making my way to the black truck which has been hit badly. Davina walks up to me cradling her arm but giving me a reassuring look she's okay. The doors of the car fly open, Tanya and Max hop out. A fresh cut on Tanya's head makes me pissed.

"Tanya! Get over here right now!" I spit angrily making my way towards her

Davina puts an arm in front of me I raise my eyes to meet hers. As if on instinct I stand my ground not moving any further.

"No! None of you have cared about me my whole life now you want to act like a protective brother?! Nobody cares about my feelings and what I want to do. You're just like dad too busy to pay me any attention! I had my college graduation alone, no parents to take pictures why?! Because apparently I need to be protected and no one has the time for my graduation! When I wanted a job none of you backed me up! You just obeyed like a puppy! I've found someone who truly loves me and cares about my interests and thoughts!"

"Tanya please let's talk about this when we get home."

"No! You're just like her! A mafia leader driven by laws upon laws and doesn't give a fuck about anybody, She's mean, wicked and careless j-"

My anger boils at Tanya's statement, she is allowed to get angry alright but she definitely has no right to drag Davina's flaws into this, it's not her business.

"Enough! You can criticize me all you want but leave Davina out of this! She only came here to help!"

There's a considerable distance between Tanya and I. Max places his arm on Tanya's shoulder like a supportive 'boyfriend'.

"Tanya please come home, I'm sure we can all sort this out," Davina ignores the previous attacks and speaks to her in a calm voice which makes me do a double-take 

Calm? after my sister just insulted her?

"No! Even if I could I can't!"

"Why?!" I yell in frustration

"Because I'm pregnant!" She blurts out and I stagger back as if being hit by an invisible blow

"You're what?" I ask shocked my mouth hanging open

"I'm pregnant," She repeats 

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!!

I'm sorry for the late updates and there are two reasons I've been going through a hard time and I have an upcoming exam plus I'm applying to schools. It has been kinda difficult to update but I'll try to make it up to you guys! Don't throw rotten tomatoes at me ;) 

Wow, who else wasn't expecting Tanya's pregnancy? 

Tanya or Cole's side? 

Is Tanya's reason justifiable?

Do you think Cole didn't fight enough for her?

Anyone on Max's side 

Davina trying to run away, any guesses why??

She didn't make a remark about Tanya insulting her, Someone's changing...I think ;) 

VOTE!!