Chapter 11

Cole's POV

Tanya's been acting strange lately but I'm not bothered I have a lot on my mind she's probably just mopping about not being allowed to attend some party.

Frustrated by how much work I have to do, my phone rings, and I groan before picking it up.

"Where the hell are you?" Austin's cold voice booms through the phone

"Home."

"You're supposed to be here at the office,"

"I have a meeting,"

"It's not now, so get down here right now! The shipment got on the wrong hands and you'd be in so much trouble if dad finds out you didn't carry out the shipment properly."

"Chill," I roll my eyes "I'll be there in a few."

Ending the call I quickly change my clothes before leaving.

"What's the matter here?" I voice out

"Well, why don't you explain," My brother says coldly his hands curled into fists

I raise an eyebrow at him as walk into the office to pick up some papers to cross-check what went wrong.

"Why the fuck didn't you ensure the shipments were protected!" he fumes slamming the office door

"If it got in the wrong hands it's not my fault all we have to do is to correct it," I tell him my patience wavering

"Well, fix it!" he snaps "What the hell is wrong with you, you can't even do things properly,"

"It's fine, I can handle it! It's nothing too big," I snap

"That's the same thing you say every time, that was the same thing you said that day!" He fumes

"Let's not go there," I warn my anger on the brink of destruction 

Austin is taller and more muscular than I am but that didn't mean I couldn't take him on especially if he made me angry already.

"What?" he comes closer and we're almost chin to chin "You killed So-" 

"I told you not to fucking go there!" I shout blinded by rage and attack him hitting him directly in the face.

"I told you not to fucking go there!" I breathe heavily slamming my fist into the table.

"You son-"

He is interrupted by the ringing of his phone and his eyes widen as he picks it up giving me a look before walking out.

The nerve of him to even bring that up.

Fixing the shipment plans immediately, I head out to be on time for a meeting with Mrs De La Rosa. 

Advancing towards the door the smell of something burning fills my senses. I press the doorbell anxiously waiting and hoping that this crazy woman hasn't set herself on fire or something. The door opens and she leads me into the living room before excusing herself and going into what I assume is the kitchen. The smell of burnt food fills my nostrils followed by the falling of pots and some curse words.

Is she okay?

"Is everything fine in there?" I inquire walking into the smoky kitchen and my eyes start to water 

I attempt to wave the smoke out of my face going deeper into the kitchen "are you okay?" I ask Mrs De La Rosa who is seated on the counter coughing

"I'm fine," She says between coughs and I don't argue. I open the windows and she walks out of the kitchen to get some fresh air. Still coughing, I lead her farther out offering her a glass of water and she grabs it from me without a thank you as I stare at her bemused. 

"What were you trying to do?"

"What else do people do in the kitchen," she raises an eyebrow

"Fair point, Are you okay now?" I ask

"Yes."

"What in the world were you trying to cook?"

"I don't think that's what you're here for," She rolls her eyes

"True but that could have been a disaster that would affect our contract and operations."

She keeps quiet for a few minutes staring at nothing in particular before speaking again.

"How about we get to business first then we can have this conversation," She smiles and I agree skeptical

Once we're done with the meeting she tells me to wait and she emerges a few minutes later, her phone pressed to her ear and a worried look plastered on her face. 

"Mom is in the hospital?" she questions her eyes wide

"I'm on my way right now!"

"Is she alright?" I ask concerned

"No you have to leave now, we can talk another day," she states walking me out of her house

"Do you need a ride or something?"

"I have my car thank you very much," she replies hurriedly 

"Don't you also have to leave like right now?"

"Yes, I do which is why I'm with my keys."

She walks me out locking the door and makes her way to the garage before speeding out leaving me on the porch.

"I guess the mystery woman will have to wait till another day," I mutter to myself

Or I could get someone to get me her full details.

At least I can get a little information about her.

Parking at the office, my phone rings and I look at the caller ID smiling before picking up the phone, someone to make my day and this mafia seem less frustrating and Austin more tolerable.

Make me smile by clicking the start at the bottom of your screen :)

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!