Chapter 22

"So, our siblings huh?"

"Yes," I reply curtly

We make our way outside of the chaotic hall and the sun is setting giving the golden hour look which illuminates his face. 

"What are your hobbies?"

"You're a lawyer huh?" I ask ignoring his question

"Yes," He smiles "We are trying to look into these mafias destroying our country, we want to catch them and put them behind bars, where they belong." he rushes out impressed with himself 

I burst into laughter "You guys can never get rid of mafias, you know why? We are always ten steps ahead of you."

"We?" he frowns at the use of the pronoun.

"Yes, we," I smile sweetly "I'm not a lawyer so I have to fall under one category and that would be the mafia,"

He chuckles probably thinking I'm joking and he continues walking 

"So would you like to-"

"Listen I know I'm hot and all and your mom thinks this is going to work out but I'm sorry I'm not interested in sleeping with you or a relationship besides you're a lawyer and you're not what I'm looking for," I tell him.

"A lawyer who can never get hold of the mafia, honey you can keep trying," I laugh in amusement.

"Oh, I could get you another lady to join you if you'd like but I doubt she would be as interesting as I am, have fun!" I wink and he looks stunned as I turn around and make my way inside. 

The sound of gunshots stops me in my tracks and screams erupt from inside the building. My worst fear is coming true. Salvador knows. Jason's day is ruined. 

"Shit shit shit," running to the side of the hall I crouch down putting the Bluetooth in my ear.

"Are you guys there?"

Silence

"Jose, John?!"

Silence

"Shit! Shit! They're definitely down,"

The gunshots increase and the guests' screams get louder.

I call James from our base here and tell him to send in reinforcements. I hope Jason is okay. Mom, Dad, Ivie, Michael...I hope they are all safe. 

Staying close to the wall I head inside crouching. Tables and chairs are scattered everywhere, one of the shooters raises his gun to shoot a guest and I aim for his eye hitting it perfectly blood spewing everywhere. I duck under the table appearing on the other side of it shooting another guy on the head.

"James?" I tap my Bluetooth

"Yes ma'am?"

"Where are the damn reinforcements?"

"On their way," he replies and I stand up from under the table hitting another shooter a bullet flies in my direction and I duck standing back up to hit the shooter straight in the head. The whole place is now in complete chaos everyone screaming and trying to get out. 

I make my way to one of the exit doors, I stand in front of it kicking the table in front of me the guests under the table start screaming, using my gun I motion towards the exit and they quickly scurry out shaking.

"C'mon!" I mutter "Where are they?!"

A guest is hit by a shooter and she falls to the ground screaming in pain. I hit the shooter right in the middle of his head and he falls down face first.

 I run over to the woman and tear a piece of table cloth wrapping it around her arm. I point to the exit and she slowly crawls towards the exit while I cover her. 

The sound of gunshots continues to fill the air and I'm frantically searching for my family. 

The reinforcements arrive soon enough, the shooting slowly decreasing and about thirty minutes later all of Salvador's men are down. 

I hit the shooter right in the middle of his head and he falls down face first. Running over to the woman I quickly tear a piece of my dress wrapping it around her arm. I quickly point to the exit and she slowly crawls towards the exit while I cover her. The reinforcements arrive soon enough and the shooting ends, Salvador's men down on the floor.

Kicking the tables one by one I find my family huddled under one of them trembling. I sigh in relief before speaking up. 

"You can come out," I tell them whilst the bride stares at me eyes wide as she notices the gun and I make no attempt to hide the gun. The blood splattered all over my dress making me look even worse.

Javier is also shaking staring at me and the gun in my hand. Laura covers his eyes swiftly and they all stand up while I return it to the band around my thigh.

"Jason are you okay?" I ask

"Why the hell would you ask me that question?!" He screams breathing heavily and everyone stares at him startled. 

Make me smile by clicking the star at the bottom of your screen! ;) 

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!

Was anyone expecting drama at the wedding?

Would you be mad if you were in Jason's shoes? 

Thoughts on what Jason is going to say to Davina? 

Someone touched the wrong subject mentioning the mafia ;)