Chapter 66

Cole's POV

I guess love means a lot, that's why I told her because she means that much to me. It probably sounds too soon for her to have heard it from me but I don't regret it. I just wished I had picked a better time and place to tell her. 

"Hey T,"

"Hey, how are you?"

"I'm good, how are you and the baby,"

"We're doing good,"

"I'm at mom's actually,"

"That's good,"

"How's Mexico," she questions

"It's good,"

I didn't tell my family what I came to do in Mexico, because I knew they would come up with some dangerous plan that would put Carlos's life at risk. I simply told them we were all coming for a business deal.

"Okay, Talk later, mom and I are going for my checkup,"

"What about Dad?"

"No, he doesn't know I came over,"

"Okay, talk later," I end the call before throwing the phone on the nightstand and falling back on the bed.

I'd asked Martin the day before if he loved Davina. They seemed so close I just needed to be sure if he loved her. He laughed so hard and got me confused.

"What's so funny?" I stare at him

"Nothing," he manages to catch his breath "I love her but not in that way,"

"And you guys have been friends since?"

"College, five or six years,"

My phone ringing interrupts my thoughts, and I flip the phone over as the screen lights up with Nova's name.

"He-"

"You're in Mexico?"

"Ye-"

"You forgave her?" she questions

"Yes, I did, I like her a lot,"

"I get it," she sighs "Be safe, okay?"

"Yeah,"

"And I think Austin is catching a whiff of what is going on,"

"It doesn't matter if he knows anyways,"

"Is something wrong?" she asks

"No, talk later," I end the call not waiting for her reply

I switch off my phone placing it on the nightstand before rubbing my tense eyes.

A sharp and loud knock on my door jolts me awake.

"It's Martin," his voice comes from the other side of the door

Please vote comment and share!