Chapter 55

I walk into the hotel room and making a beeline for the toilet. I lock the door after me crying my heart out. God knows how scared Carlos is right now. I tried so hard to keep him away from Salvador.

Despite all the circles I went in everyday before coming home and the amount of security I put Carlos on. I still can't prevent him from being held hostage.  

A soft knock makes me hold my breath

"Hey, You can cry in the room, not the bathroom,"

I unlock the door before hugging Martin tightly and sobbing.

"We're gonna figure this out," He tells me patting my back "Your parents have moved to New York, Jason is in New York too,"

"Your mom said she has been trying to get to you but you don't answer her texts or calls,"

"Shit," I wipe my tears away making my way around Martin to pick up my phone

"They're fine you can call them later right now you need to take a nap while I make a few calls to check the house for any prints in case it's not Salvador, then we need to get Sandra's body out of the house,"

The tears start coming out again as I remember Sandra's body outside Carlos' room.

I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and when I wake up it's morning already.

I sit up as my eyes zero on Martin who is making a call.

"He's not in America he's in Mexico," he tells me and I bury my face in my hands

"Who told you?"

"You wouldn't want to know,"

"I think we should go to New York and tell your family about this, they might be of help,"

"Yeah," I nod

"I'll text them to meet us at your parents' place,"

"Thanks,"

We both leave the hotel a few minutes later making our way to New York and I can't help but imagine what Salvador is feeding my son or what he is doing to him. 

We get to New York pretty quickly and Martin locates their new, huge, and elegant house my parents purchased. They didn't tell me they got a house, but then again I didn't answer their calls and texts.

They are all seated when we walk into the house and they stare at me shocked. I probably look like a mad woman with my hair in a mess and my eyes red.

"What happened?" my mom questions and I notice Jason's wife standing next to him

"Vinnie, Are you okay?" my sister asks with a worried tone

My phone buzzes in my hand and I excuse myself to go outside.

I open the message from the unknown number

 I guess I forgot to tell you who gave me a hint on where to find your beautiful home, Isn't your brother such a lovely person, He gave me a hint on how to find you but I found something better. Remember his wedding what was his name again hmm Jason.

I let my phone drop to the floor beyond shocked that my very own brother caused my destruction and the kidnap of my son. I couldn't believe it but it seemed too real, there was no way Salvador would have found my house without help. 

Please vote comment and share!