Chapter 73

Cole's POV

"If anything happens to me when we're trying to save Carlos, take Davina away from me no matter how much she resists okay?" Martin tells me

"Hey," I slap his back smiling "Nothing's gonna happen,"

"Just promise me,"

"I promise," I tell him

The funeral was as gloomy as expected, Davina is dressed in black and her short hair is covered with a black wig.

Martin's grave is lowered into the ground and I can tell Davina is crying with the way her shoulders shake.

She is about to pour some sand into the grave when Martin's mom attacks

I stare into space and wonder... what is Martin thinking of right now?

I know he won't like this scene... but I even if I try, I can't understand his mother's pain.

She kneels in front of his mother begging for what I assume is forgiveness.

My father, Austin, Tanya, Aspen and my mom are also present and the funeral.

I wipe away the tears in my eyes with my handkerchief. I leave the scene heading for my car when Austin walks up to me a somber look on his face.

"Uh...I'm sorry about your friend," He says and I hug him crying

"he wasn't dead yet when I pulled Davina away from him," I cry "We couldn't bring his body back,"

"It's okay," Austin pats my back and I can tell this is awkward for him

I step away from him putting my hand in my pocket to pull out my handkerchief. I excuse myself moving to take shade under a tree. I stare at the handkerchief in my hand thinking of Martin when someone walks up to me. I stand straight startled.

"Nova, what are you doing here?"

"I came to offer my condolences," she states

"Of course," I chuckle and she hugs me

"I know everyone here has been saying I'm sorry or something like that, but I hope you get through this, losing a good friend is not easy, especially in such a tragic manner,"

"Thanks," I manage to choke out hugging her back

...

Six months have passed since Martin's death and two important things have happened during that time. Carlos's birthday and Tanya, she had her baby girl, my niece. The first time I held her she was so tiny and now she's bigger.

Dad came to see his granddaughter, Austin came to see his niece too. Tanya moved out of my house and got her own space, a short distance from Mom and dad's house.

I went on my trip to Bali with Davina as friends. We're still working on our relationship. I always try to make sure she doesn't drift off thinking about Martin. Carlos spends most of his time with Michael's children.

Davina doesn't work on weekends thanks to me. We either take a trip to London or spend the weekend in Los Angeles.

I and Davina are still working on our relationship but I know we're gonna get there. 

Please vote comment and share!