Chapter 2

"He was shot twice, one to his heart and one to his head."

"There's a message for you from him."

Dear Davina,

I need you to know I love you and by the time you get this note, I would be dead. I choose you to take over the mafia. You are a good leader, kind, calm, yet firm. You have a number of skills and tactics that even I don't know. I don't want you to move back to Mexico. We have too many enemies there. Here in America, we have allies. I love you more than words can describe and I want you as the Capo di tuti of the mafia, the leader, the head.

Yours truly,

Antonio.

That was his last message to me. 

His last words for me. 

Whoever did it was surely going to pay. 

...

"NO!!!!!" I scream "ANTONIO!!!! Please come back!!!!" I sob watching them lower his body into the ground.

I attempt to run to his corpse to hold it one last time but my mom and my brothers hold me back.

"Davina controle usted mismo!" My mom holds me her eyes red (Davina control yourself.)

"Antonio!!!! Soy yo tu esposa, por favor vuelve!!"(Antonio it's me your wife please come back!) I scream crying trying to free myself from my brother's grasp.

"Antonio!" I scream sitting up and I clutch to the sheets trying to steady my breaths as I walk over to the bathroom, beads of sweat covering my forehead. I splash water on my face, noticing I'm still in my pants I walk back to the room changing into my pyjamas. I check my phone and discover two texts from Ivanna.

Looking at the time, I sigh knowing she would be in bed by now. Putting my phone on the bedside table I plant my face in my pillow trying to get some sleep.

...

"Hey," Martin smiles twirling in my seat

"Who let you in?" I sigh walking into the office.

"Dave." He shrugs

"This is a workplace, not a play area." I glare at his legs on the table.

"I never said it was a play area." He shrugs

"But your legs on the table says it all." I deadpan

"Yeesh, calm down." He raises his hand in surrender and gets up from the chair

"Why are you even here anyways?" I cross my arms over my chest

"Because I have business to discuss and I also wanted to see you." He smiles

"Whatever," I roll my eyes "To business."

"It can wait," he tells me and walks over to me

"How are you? Are your nightmares gone?" he asks looking at me in the eye and I shift my gaze from his face

"I don't want to talk about it." I state firmly

"Vinnie, it's okay to let me know how you're feeling, I'm your friend, I'm here for you." He states

Martin had been my friend for as long as I can remember. He was with me when Antonio died. He moved from Mexico to America after college to take care of his father's mafia.