Chapter 20

Ivanna takes me to my room which is exactly how I left it and I feel out of place like I'm intruding in someone else's room.

The room feels happy, bubbly and alive but it isn't who I am anymore, I'm cold, sad and angry. I used to be a lot better than who I am now but I don't regret it, it's all for Antonio.

"Is your friend always this funny and happy?" Fabiano asks Isabel

"Yeah, I'm like this most of the time, I mean why not spread positivity!" I laugh sipping my tequila

"I guess so," Jack smiles and Isabel takes a long sip of her drink

"Wanna dance?" a guy walks up to me winking

"Why not?" I smile placing my hand in his, joining him on the dance floor

"Try not to suck each other's faces while I'm gone!" I say to Isabel winking

"Oh my god! Vinnie shut up!" She hollers and I chuckle turning to face my dance partner and we get into a conversation filled with lots of laughs. 

...

That positivity is all gone now, my blue sheets are still intact, and my study table is arranged which is weird, it was always messy. I run my hands along the edges of the study table.

"Did you clean?"

"Yeah," Ivie bites her lip "I come here when I miss you and I didn't like the mess here so I cleaned it up, Mom comes here sometimes too," She shrugs 

It's weird, my heart is feeling fuzzy, and I can't believe how out of touch I've been with my family.

"She arranged your clothes,"

"Really?" I chuckle

"Yeah,"

Walking towards my closet I open it revealing neatly arranged clothes I wore back when I was in high school and college.

"Wow," I breathe "You guys really did clean,"

"Yeah," she smiles sheepishly

"Get some sleep," she smiles at me

"Why don't you stay till I fall asleep, maybe tell me about some college friends?"

"Oh, I don't have much," she waves it off "I mean I school from home," She lets out an awkward laugh

Ivie had most of her college days in an actual college until a year ago when she had to transfer to online classes. I know she finds it difficult she's trying to help me by keeping herself safe and I ignore the guilt feeling I'm having for making her take online classes instead of attending an actual college. I take a seat on the bed and pat the empty spot next to me.

"Come," I smile and she stands in the doorway for a few minutes contemplating before walking in and shutting the door.

I and Ivie talk for a long while laughing and catching up on all the things I missed out on in her college life. We're both lying on my bed now the lavender fragrance in the room suddenly makes me drowsy and tired. I bat my eyelashes trying to fight off the sleep so I can listen to what Ivie is talking about until I can't keep my eyes open. I sleep off before feeling a warm blanket on me and I snuggle into it drifting into a deep sleep.

...

"Stay," Cole calls after me and I turn around

"What?"

"I said stay, with me, I don't care how long it takes for me to fix you, to mend you, just please stay," he tells me with pleading eyes and I stare at him in confusion