Chapter 51

"I called one, they are on their way," A lady replies me and I press my hand down on the blood

"Cole, Cole! Look at me, I'm here don't close your eyes," I tap his cheek to keep his eyes open

The ambulance arrives a few minutes later and the paramedics take over, putting him in the ambulance. I sit inside with him as they place an oxygen mask over his nose and mouth, and try to contain the blood.

My hands are bloody and my body is stiff all the way to the hospital

"They rush him in and I'm asked to fill in some forms as they operate on him.

I stay in the waiting room my hands still bloody as they operate on him. I walk around the room anxious and scared.

"How could I let my guard down so much I didn't notice the gun?" I mutter to myself

"Fuck!" I yell pulling at my hair

"That guy is so dead,"

Cracking my knuckles I send a message to Dave to give me a complete list of mafias in London that use motorcycles.

Rubbing my eyes I sigh staring up at the ceiling letting a tear fall from my eyes. I quickly wipe it away but my eyes betray me as the tears come running down.

"Fuck it," I curse wiping away the tears violently

Managing to sit still for the next hour or so the doctor comes out with news.

"The operation went well, he should be awake soon," He smiles at me

"Thank you, Can I see him?" I ask in a rush

"Yes you can," He smiles and I rush to the ICU

"Seeing him with all the wires attached to him makes me take in a sharp breath my heart beating at an irregular rate and I take a seat next to his bed holding his hand.

His face devoid of his usual kind smile. The oxygen mask still in place I stare at him putting a hand to my mouth to stop myself from screaming and crying at the same time. 

I close my eyes trying to steady my breathing, I'm scared to death, he could have been gone right there at  The Big Ben. I would have been responsible. 

I breathe shakily still startled by the whole incident, I've been in here for thirty minutes and he's not awake yet. Unable to watch him like this I make my way out before a hand reaches out to hold mine and I turn around my eyes wide.

Cole is staring at me smiling through the oxygen mask, his eyes open wide and I blink.

"Oh my God, you're awake," I whisper finally able to comprehend what I am seeing and he removes the oxygen mask sitting up

"Are you supposed to remove that?!"  My eyes widen holding his hand to stop him

"I'm fine," He rolls his eyes and I stare at him from head to toe before leaning in to hug him

"Oh my God! I was so scared, you really scared me," I babble out not realizing that I've started crying

"It's okay," he hugs me rubbing my back

"Oh my God!" I laugh pulling away "I should be comforting you instead," I let out an awkward laugh pulling away "Uhh...Are you comfortable? Do you want me to get you some snacks? Water? Anything?"

"Wait why am I asking you?" I laugh again "I'll get you a bottle of water,"

Cole grabs my hand pulling me back "I'm good," he gives me a small smile

I take my seat next to him "Do you need me to call the doctor because you're supposed to be using the oxygen mask?"

He squeezes my hand "Hey, I'm not dying, not today, not tomorrow, and not ten years from now as long as you're still here,"