Chapter 10

Davina's POV

The recruiting process is not an easy task. There's the fighting, the logic and language aspect.

To be a part of my mafia one has to understand at least one language and must be able to speak it fluently. Not all languages qualify only a few like Mandarin, Spanish, Russian, Albanian, Irish, Hindi, and some others qualify. A compulsory language is English and after joining the mafia they would need to understand one or two other languages. 

The whole time I felt Mr Wilson's son's eyes on me but I ignored it picking the finalists before going back to my office and a knock makes me sit up.

"Come in," I stare at the door

"Why did you do that?" Mr Wilson's son walks in fuming 

"Mr Wilson-" I start

"It's fine just call me Cole,"

"Cole, sometimes actions speak louder than words," I state curtly

"Well, he could have died!"

"That's not my problem," I shrug

"Miss De La Rosa, that was pretty risky considering he isn't part of your mafia yet," He puts his hands on the table and stares at me his brows knit tightly.

"Davina should be fine since it seems like you find it difficult calling me Mrs."

He rolls his eyes before standing upright "That's all you have to say?"

"Maybe," I reply shortly "This is a mafia, it's not to be run on pity and fear,"

"That was different!" He raises his voice

"Mr Wilson," I start looking at him intently

"Cole," He corrects me

"I'd prefer if you don't interfere in my business," I finish trying to hold back my anger. 

He doesn't say anything as he walks out. There's no need to be scared of him since Mr Wilson holds the power and right to withdraw this agreement, I'm confident he won't take his son's side over something so petty.

I manage to convince myself I won't lose The Wilsons as an ally before Martin walks in distracting me again.

"You blew that out of proportion," He sighs taking a seat

"Not you too," I sigh

He raises an eyebrow and I answer his silent question "Cole Wilson said the same thing,"

"Wow," He smiles "I can't believe he even had the nerve to talk to you," he chuckles and I roll my eyes

"If you're done, the door is that way, I have a lot to catch up on,"

"Well, you haven't checked out the ammunition"

"Mr Wilson needs to be here when I'm doing it, I need his opinion too, they have great weapons I could learn a thing or two,"

"Sure, so tomorrow then?"

"Yeah, but you are busy tomorrow right?"

"Super busy,"

"Okay then so I'll see you whenever you're not,"

"Yeah, see ya," He stands up and walks out

...

"This one's good," I point to one of the guns and Dave nods

"Mr Wilson, what do you think?"

"It is," he nods "This is also very useful and handy," he picks up a gun