Chapter 28

Cole's POV

Davina's scar left me surprised but I was more shocked to discover she has a son. A son no one knew about not Salvador not anyone, maybe Martin knows, after all, he pays her frequent visits.

The scar on her hand makes me question how much she has actually put into the mafia, just to fit in.

And her son....Maybe that's why she's always closed off or staring into space. I'm not sure if she knows it but she zones out a lot. Parking at a curb I contemplate sending her a link on parenting. Hitting the send button, I start up the car again, and my phone chimes. I'm surprised she actually replied and with a thanks.

I feel a strong urge to help her, I still don't understand why, but I'm definitely attracted to her. She's so difficult and brave, leading a whole mafia on her own. It's simply mind blowing.

...

Tanya has still being proving difficult lately, annoyed about not being able to have a job.

Austin is still grumpy as usual and I'm just contemplating what my life would have been like had I not gotten into a fight with Sophia the day of her accident.

Looking outside from the window I take a swig of the whiskey in my hand.

Deciding to call it a night I brush my teeth, slipping into bed and my phone rings. Frowning I check the time and it's almost twelve am.

"Why is mom calling?" I mutter

Picking up the call my mom's voice rings through

"Cole...Its Tanya," She pants and my face hardens

Throwing the sheets off me I quickly change into a tee and jeans grabbing my keys and heading out. 

I slam my foot on the accelerator the car moving fast

There's only one thing on my mind and it's Tanya.

A lot of different thoughts run through my mind, what happened to her? Is she feeling okay?

I rush into the living room and my parents and brother are all pacing around while Aspen is in a corner her eyes filled with tears. 

"What happened? Where's Tanya?"

"She...She's missing," My mom sobs and my father wraps his arm around her, Austin deep in thought.

"What do you mean?"

"Where could she have gone?" I raise my voice "And without guards?!"

"She didn't tell anyone she was going anywhere she was in her room and when I went to go check up on her she wasn't there,"

"Have you tried calling her?" I pace back and forth my fingers fumbling on the phone screen.

"She's not picking up," My mom hiccups

"Then let's trace her god dammed phone!"

Austin looks back up snapping his fingers.

"Right,"

After attempting to trace Tanya's phone we find out the phone is in fact in the house.

My dad paces back and forth and we decide to call reinforcement to go out in search of her.

"What if she went to see some friends?" I ask hopeful

"She didn't," Austin states "Clothes are missing from her wardrobe, a considerable amount,"

"You don't think she..." My voice trails off

"Maybe she just went for a sleepover," Aspen adds

"No one asked for your opinion," Austin shuts her up and I glare at him. 

Now's not the time to fight for Aspen i tell myself. 

"She ran away," Austin confirms and my mind quickly calculates what could have made her do this.

"Dad! This is your fault!" I point at him yelling "If you had just let her get a job! This wouldn't have happened! And we don't even know where she is! If she's safe or in trouble!" I vent

"Cole. You're speaking to dad mind your tone."

"No way! My sister is gone!"

"She's my sister too!" Austin adds angrily "I care about her we all do!" He yells and I keep quiet still fuming but making sure to curtail it. 

We decide to check her phone for any information. We call a few of her friends and none of them know about her whereabouts. One of her friends could only tell us that she had a boyfriend and that was all I needed to know.

She ran away with a fucking boy! A boy! A boy is all it took for her to get packing!

Slamming my fist into the wall. I wince holding onto my hand

"Oww!"

I should never do that again.

We all split up heading out to look for Tanya and I'm tensed up.

Why would she do this? I love her we all love her? She could have just told us she wanted to get married!

My little sister is out alone in the world with a boy who probably can't even fend for himself.

Hitting my hand on the steering wheel I stare ahead. Parking the car. I rest my head on the steering wheel. Where could she have gone, there is a high possibility she might have fled the country or is on her way to.

I call a few guys to head over to JFK airport for any sign of Tanya.

Running my hands through my hair I sigh in frustration.

This is my fault, our fault, we never cared about her opinions nor how she felt. She probably got bored of sitting at home while her friends had jobs, something to keep them busy.

I feel so useless, right now. I don't know how or what made me dial her number but I almost regret it when she picks up. 

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE! 

Can you guess who he called? 

Isn't Austin being unfair to Aspen?

Cole is attracted to Davina! What a confession!

How do you think Davina would react if she found out?

does anyone have an idea who Tanya ran away with?

Have you ever ran away from home?

Do you support Tanya?

VOTE VOTE VOTE