Chapter 59

Cole's POV

I call a few guys from our different branches in America to find out if Carlos is in the country. I pass on the information to Martin specifically telling him not to tell Davina.

After a restless night, I leave for the office before Tanya wakes up. As soon as I get to work I make my way to Austin's office and dad is seated opposite him. They both stare at me as I walk in their eyes searching to see where I was injured.

"I got shot in the stomach," I state flatly

"I see," my dad comments and I take a seat as Austin scribbles the details of how it happened while I explain to him, I mention how I and Davina went to see the Big Ben together and they pause staring at me before asking me to continue.

"Whoever orchestrated this attack is dumber than I thought,"

"Hmm...I agree," my dad replies to Austin

"Can I leave now I've got work to do," I question warily

"What kind of work?" Austin raises his brows

"Not the kind that concerns you," I reply before walking out

I drive all the way to Gladwyne to see mom and I enter the house and my stomach grumbles as I inhale the smell of pumpkin pie. I follow the smell into the kitchen before walking over to give my mom a hug.

"You're back," Her eyes light up "How was your trip,"

"It was good," I smile "Amazing," I add

"What are you cooking?" I sniff the air

"Chicken quinoa," she replies adding seasoning to the pot

I help my mom with the rest of the cooking and we have lunch together before the doorbell rings. Nova walks in beaming at my mom before giving her a hug and then giving me a slap on the head.

My mom leaves both of us alone before I ask her why she's at the house. Apparently, she came to get some files for my dad and she ends up questioning me about my trip.

I somehow narrate the whole back and forth story between me and Davina. 

"So her son has been kidnapped?"

"Yeah," I sigh running a hand through my hair frustrated

"And she blamed it on you?"

"Yeah but she was-"

"And she said you made her sleep with you knowing she made the first move-"

"Yeah, but she was ma-"

"She's also still obsessed with her dead husband and she pushes you away,"

I attempt to interrupt Nova but she beats me to it speaking before I can put in any word

"I don't mean to be hurtful or mean but I think you should give her a good amount of space, she said a lot of hurtful things to you...You've got feelings too, she's not allowed to vent like that and still expect you to run back to her,"

"Her son has been kidnapped," I reply bewildered at Nova's statement

"Don't give me that look, stop acting like a love-sick puppy! Jeez if she loves you or at least likes you she'll realize her mistake and apologize,"

I ponder over what Nova is telling me wondering if she's wrong or right

"T told me to help her," I whine

"Tanya doesn't get to control what you do, it was a piece of advice she gave not a command plus how many times will you keep chasing after her? Might as well let her be, I'm not trying to be rude but I think you should let her be at least for now, you can help from a distance, or subtly,"

I sigh tapping my fingers on the table "Let's change the topic," I rub my temples and Nova rolls her eyes

"Let's go for a drink instead," She suggests smirking and I nod picking up my keys following her out after bidding my mom goodbye. 

Please vote comment and share!