Chapter 14

Regaining my composure following my surprise to discover that his sister is someone with whom I exchanged nasty words, I quickly formulate a plan.

Well, they do say first impressions matter a lot, but nothing is more important than a huge second impression with a huge smile plastered on your face.

"Hello, I'm Davina," I smile at her innocently and she looks confused probably wondering if  I am the same person she met yesterday.

"Tanya," she replies cautiously probably waiting for the crazy lady she met yesterday to jump out.

Cole looks back and forth between us trying to detect the problem that his sister would most definitely tell him about later.

Her phone rings and she excuses herself from both of us and we walk towards another woman for introductions.

"This is Aspen, Austin's wife," Cole motions to a beautiful raven-haired woman 

"Hi," I smile shaking her hand "Nice to meet you, I'm Davina,"

"Hi," she smiles brightly

Her husband, Austin calls her over and she excuses herself.

"Cole!" someone screams from across the room waving wildly her dark curls bouncing

Cole smiles and waves her over, she comes over and slings her arm around Cole's neck smiling at me whilst he rolls his eyes

"Hi!" she smiles her brown eyes shining and her pink dress complimenting her ebony skin.

"I'm Nova,"

"Nice to meet you," I smile "I'm Davina,"

"Ah, I hope Cole is not giving you too much trouble,"

I glance at Cole who slightly nudges her.

"Not at all, not business-related anyways,"

"Hmm...Cole, you should take her out when you're not busy," she winks at him and he glares at her 

"I mean. I don't mean it like that you know, Just two business people getting to know each other better, it would help the business," She points out "It's like an off-site work," She smiles and Cole rolls his eyes

"Umm...She's joking," he smiles at me briefly

Nodding my head, I stay mute not wanting to say anything offensive about the idea of us going out either work-based or something else.

"Where's Daniel?" he asks her

"He couldn't make it," she waves it off "so Davina let's have a chat," smiling she grabs my arm and I stare at Cole hard but he only shrugs in return.

Nova is just like Isabel, very energetic, and engaging. She isn't loud like Isabel just interesting, turns out she is also under the Wilson's mafia. We spoke for a few minutes and I felt like I had nothing to worry about at that moment, I felt the same again, the Davina I used to be before I married Antonio and after I married him, the Davina I was before his death.

A slow song starts playing and everyone pairs up with a partner with Nova nowhere in sight I sip my wine, watching everyone dance and remembering the times I and Antonio would dance together.

"May I?" Cole approaches me offering his hand

"No."

"It's kind of compulsory, at least when we have parties like these," he smirks

"No."

"Fine," he sighs "I'll just sit here."

"Perra," (bitch) I mutter under my breath gulping down my wine