Chapter 52

Cole's POV

I had never felt so scared in my life, I was scared to die, to leave Davina alone heck even Carlos, my sister, my mom...

I get on the jet heading straight for the room. I need to find that guy who pulled that stunt.

An image of Davina kissing me at the big ben flashes before my eyes and I smile. She was definitely a  lot of fun in London, a contrast to her stiff personality she let people see. She kissed me and we had... I wonder if we are ever gonna talk about it. She didn't seem to hate it though. I feel like we have gotten a whole lot closer after this trip.

From The River to the London eye the boat ride and the museum, then the big ben...

I got to see the real her, the real Davina after all these months.

The trip was more like a vacation than a business meeting.

The jet touches the ground and I get into the car the driver taking me to my house. I press in my floor number and I press in the code opening the door to my apartment.

"Hey, you're home," Tanya speaks almost startling me, still getting used to the fact that someone stays with me

"Yeah," I smile walking over to give her a hug "How's the baby,"

"She's good," She beams at me and I do a double take

"You know the gender?"

"Yes, I found out today at the hospital with mom,"

"I'm gonna have a niece," I smile "Why did you go with mom?" I frown

"She really wanted to be there when I found out so I told her she could come,"

"How about Austin and Dad?"

She shakes her head "Dad doesn't want to see me and Austin is disappointed in me," She plays with her fingers shielding her face away from me and I can tell she is crying

Tanya is already six months into the pregnancy, the swell a visible sign of her pregnancy.

I scoot closer to her hugging her and calming her down "It's okay I'm here with you, I support whatever decision you make even if you still want to keep the baby,"

"Thanks," She replies between tears

"Always here for you T,"

After she calms down I make my way to my room. I grab my phone and send a quick text to Davina 'I miss you' dropping it and sleeping off as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I wake up to the sound of pots clattering in the kitchen and I frown rubbing my eyes open before padding into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I ask a startled Tanya

"I made dinner," she smiles brightly "I figured you'd be too jet lagged to make anything for yourself,"

"Thanks," I smile walking over to help her with the pots and I feel a slight pain in my stomach area where I was shot

The pot slips from Tanya's hand making the water inside spill on my shirt

"Shit!" I curse

"Oops, I'm sorry," she cries out "Ugh, I made such a mess," she sniffs

I grab her shoulder smiling at her "It's fine," I emphasize each word

"I'm sorry," She starts crying "Damn these pregnancy hormones,"

"Hey, it's okay," I wipe away her tears "Just let me get changed, I'm wet," I chuckle and she smiles

I pull off my shirt and I notice that the bandage around the wound is soaked

"How am I gonna get this changed?" I mutter pulling out fresh bandages from my wardrobe and attempting to take off the old one.

"Cole you have a-" Tanya's eyes widen as she notices the bandage around my stomach, she drops my phone on the table approaching me.

"What the hell happened to you?"

"Business," I wave my hands at her dismissively

"You've  never been attacked ever,"

"There's always a first time,"

"Who did this to you? When did this happen? Why would someone try to kill you?"

"Calm down, I was out sightseeing with Davina when someone shot me,"

"But why would they?"

"I had a fall out with our partners, they are refusing to release our money, so I'm guessing that was a warning but there could be many others out to get me,"

"You left your room unarmed?!" she yells

"Well...Yeah I went sightseeing!" I roll my eyes

"Have you told Austin? Dad?"

"Not yet," I sigh

"You've got to be kidding me," she mutters walking out of her room and I know she's about to call Austin

"Shit," I mutter not making any attempt to stop her

My phone buzzes on the table and I open the text from Martin.

Martin

Shit went down. Come over to Lounge view hotels, room 205

"Oh no," I pull at my hair groaning

"T, please come and bandage me up! I need to leave,"

"I called Austin,"

"Okay, right now I just need you to bandage me up,"

She grunts before bandaging the wound and I throw on a shirt and pair of jeans before leaving for the hotel wondering what could have happened. 

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!