Chapter 21

It's Jason's wedding today and Ivie insists I can't go without putting on some makeup so she applies mascara, eyeliner, lipstick and highlighter to my face. 

My anxiety gets the best of me so I decide to station a few bodyguards around because anything could go wrong especially if Salvador finds out about the wedding, endless possibilities and I hope today goes smoothly for Jason's sake. 

...

The church is very beautiful and everyone is excited and happy, especially Michael's children. I should have brought Carlos he would have loved it. 

Jason looks nervous as both mom and dad accompany him to the altar where he anxiously waits for his bride readjusting his suit every minute. The box of gold coins at the altar symbolises his trust in his wife. 

Michael and his wife, Laura sit on the front pew, being one of the sponsors of the wedding.

The bride walks in with her father and mother and she joins Jason at the altar. A lazo is tied around both of them to signify their oneness then they take their vows sharing a short kiss before facing the guests and cheers erupt from the church.

I forgot how wonderful weddings are.

...

A lazo is tied around Antonio and I whilst we beam at each other before raising our joint hands in the air earning a lot of cheers from the guest and a soft breeze from the beach blows my hair wildly in different directions. 

We walk down the aisle together as rice seeds are being thrown at us. I smile at Antonio and he smiles back as we run down the rest of the aisle.

...

Jason and his new bride walk down the aisle and the guests including I and Ivie beam throw rice seeds at them which symbolises fertility in their marriage.

We all head over to where the wedding reception is being held and it's a beautiful hall decorated in white flowers. I should have known better when my mom said it's a small affair meanwhile, we have almost two hundred guests. I decide not to bring it up so the day can end hitch-free. 

I notice Isabela waving wildly at me as she makes her way through the crowd before stopping next to me.

"Hey! I can't believe you actually came!" she gushes smiling

"I had to, it's my brother's wedding," I shrug

"The wedding is beautiful," she sighs dreamily looking around

"It is," I add

"Oh, I almost forgot!" she slaps her forehead "Rosa is here," she smiles

Rosa was a friend of mine back in college after Antonio died, we kind of lost touch, she wasn't ready for my constant mood swing and terrible attitude so we had a fallout. She is also friends with Isabel unfortunately, which means I have to talk to her. 

"Let me text her to come over here," Isabel states pulling out her phone her fingers tapping the screen swiftly

A few minutes later Rosa joins us and the conversation is a bit awkward but Isabel keeps it going and it turns out she's friends with the bride, after exchanging numbers she leaves and I know I'll never be picking up her calls or contacting her. Jason and his wife head my way beaming since haven't spoken to the bride, I guess Jason wants to introduce me.

"Vinnie, meet my wife Vanessa, Vanessa, Davina, my sister,"

"Hi," I smile brightly stretching out my hand and she jumps in excitement pulling me in for a hug leaving me startled. 

What is with people and hugs?

"Oh my god! It's nice to finally meet you," she gushes excitedly

"I can't believe you guys are twins," she gestures between me and Jason

"Yeah,"

"Jason told me you have a son did you bring him along?"

I stiffen pressing my lips into a straight line before sending Jason a hard glare.

"No." I smile sweetly "Excuse me," I tell her before leaving both of them alone

"Did I say something wrong?" I overhear Vanessa ask Jason before I'm out of earshot

I do not appreciate it when my personal life is being talked about with someone that just became family today. Heck, none of my friends know except Martin. Jason is really lucky it's his wedding or else he would have regretted it. My personal life can't just be shared with anybody.

Sighing I make my way to the exit and a hand pulls me back.

"Davina where are you going, come say hi to the bride's parents," my mom beams

"Do I have to?"

"Yes, you do! and they have a son," she smiles wider and I roll my eyes following her to meet the unfortunate parents.

"Andrew, Maria meet my daughter, Davina," my mom introduces and I give them a small smile

"Hello,"

"Nice to meet you," Maria smiles sweetly and her husband gives me a small nod

"Ah, Carino es lo que significa el nombre de este Da-vee-nah que de dio a tu hija?" (Carino what is the meaning of this Davina name you gave to your daughter?)

"Here we go again" I mutter sighing

My name isn't Mexican and it is entirely because of my dad. My dad wanted us to have non-traditional names and when my mom found out she was pregnant with a girl my dad went crazy looking for names not wanting anything too traditional or common. Jason and Michael came as a surprise. After he found my name on some website, he was sure that was what he was going to name me, Davina meaning beloved.

My mom explains the whole story to the nosy woman and she listens with interest while her husband wanders off. 

A young man probably in his late twenties walks up to us smiling.

"Da-vee-nah this is my son Luis," Maria beams proudly "and he's a lawyer,"

I raise my eyebrow staring at her and my mom nudges me

"Hi," I speak up 

"Hello, uh....want to go for a walk?" He smiles at me 

I stare at him my lips set in a thin line and my mom nudges me again plastering a smile on my face I reply. 

"Sure,"

"Perfect." he smiles leading us away from our two nosy mothers 

Make me smile by clicking the star at the bottom of your screen! ;) 

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!