Chapter 35

Davina's POV

The incessant buzzing of my phone around 12 am is enough to tell me something is wrong. I switch off the phone seeing as the messages were from various social media apps. Waking up around ten am I have my bath and change into a pantsuit.

Switching on my phone I instantly regret it. The first message is from Ivanna and it reads 'Happy Birthday!'

That's why my phone kept buzzing this morning I ponder. Changing out of my work clothes I put on a tank top and a pair of shorts.

Work today isn't gonna be good, there are gonna be balloons everywhere and people wishing me a happy birthday. I don't want that, people don't understand what's it's like to celebrate without that special someone next to you.

I can't do this to Antonio, I can't celebrate knowing Salvador is still out there with a satisfied smirk.

Slamming my phone down on the nightstand I head downstairs and Sandra appears with Carlos a smile on her face

"Happy Birthday Ma'am!" She hands me balloons and I look at her irritated

"Happy buffday!" Carlos smiles

I walk into the kitchen picking out a small knife. I walk towards the balloons popping each one with the knife, Carlos and Sandra stare at me a horrified look on their faces.

"Don't ever do this," I tell her before dropping the knife and heading upstairs.

Locking my door, I sigh running a hand through my hair sitting at the edge of the bed. My phone calls me like a magnet and I sigh before picking it up looking through the happy birthdays. I throw the phone back on the bed staring at the ceiling.

Opening the drawer next to my bed I pull out a photo frame of I and Antonio.

I stare at myself in the picture looking happy, the glimmer in my eyes suggesting I was definitely in love.

I stare at the picture intensely until my eyes are clouded and I blink multiple times to get rid of the water in it. 

"I don't wanna celebrate today," I mutter to myself "How can I celebrate when you're gone? How can I move on when you are the one who made me who I am today, you brought me happiness, love, kindness, and everything else I could ever wish for,"

Not wanting the tears to drop I lay in bed with the picture in my arms before falling asleep.

A soft knock on my door wakes me up and I open it.

"Someone's here to see you, ma'am," Sandra tells me

"Who?"

"He told me not to tell,"

"I'll be down in a moment," I inform her before washing my face and heading downstairs in a pair of joggers and tank top although highly suspecting it's Cole.

"Martin?" I smile in surprise "I thought you were busy?"

"Not today," he smiles "Happy-"

"Don't say it," I sigh taking a seat

"Still thinking?"

"Yeah..." I sigh

"My last birthday was the best," I smile at him that was when Antonio was alive

He had a chef make our buffet breakfast. It was fun, just both of us in our robes.

Then he surprised me with lunch in Mexico a very crazy idea, all my friends were present ,and family, it was fun and amazing, one of the best days of my life. He presented to me in front of everyone a simple but expensive diamond necklace. Cheers erupted I was so stunned by the beauty of the party and the necklace that I couldn't comment. Then dinner was just the two of us and a beautiful three-course meal with a hotel suite waiting for us. I felt so loved and since then I decided I had the best husband I could ever ask for, who is no more...

"Cheer up, How about we watch a movie?" He smiles

"Yeah sure,"

"Where is Carlos?"

"His room I think with Sandra,"

"I'll get him," he informs me, and a little while later the both of them come down with big grins on their faces.

"Uh, what's going on?"

"Boys stuff," Martin replies smugly and I roll my eyes settling into the couch as Martin picks a decent movie.

"Oh your gift," Martin smiles as soon as the movie starts

"That wasn't necessary," I laugh and he shrugs handing me a small box

I open it and I almost cry, it's the exact replica of Antonio's necklace which he loved to wear.

"Oh my God," I breathe running my hands on the letters 'AD' which was both of our first names combined to letters. The necklace wasn't taken of Antonio's body when he was buried, it remained there a constant reminder that I would always be with him.

"I had a replica made," He informs me

"Thank you so much," I give him a hug and he chuckles lightly

I quickly put on the necklace and we start watching the movie soon after.

A little while later Martin leaves after getting a call and I head back to my room while Sandra watches Carlos.

Sandra knocks on my door for the second time today and I groan walking to the door.

"You have another visitor ma'am," she smiles at me briefly before leaving.

This has to be the last visitor.

Sighing I head downstairs and look around "No one's here," I mutter, and the doorbell rings

Make me smile by clicking the star at the bottom of the screen ;) 

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!

Who do you think is at the door? 

What would you cherish if given as a birthday gift? 

What is your ideal birthday party? 

Was it mean of Davina to do that to the balloons?