Chapter 12

Davina's POV.

"I hope he's gonna leave," I mutter to myself after having to fake a whole hospital incident to get rid of him.

Making a U-turn I head for the office enjoying the serenity of Chestnut hill, my phone rings flashing Isabel's name and I ignore it calling Sandra that it's safe to go home.

...

"He's right," Martin chuckles "If only he knew how mean you are,"

I glare at him but he still doesn't stop laughing.

"The files," I tell him and he opens up the files in front of me.

"The deal with the Essex is giving us leverage over Salvador in the United Kingdom but he has also dropped a proposal with The Walkers and they seem to be considering it."

Fuming I stand up "What the fuck! What the fuck! Where the hell is Farrow?"

"You didn't let me finish, they are still weighing out the options but the chances of them accepting Salvador's proposal is nothing compared to ours."

"Farrow is fucking responsible for this, damn him," I slam my hands down on the table

"I don't think you understand my need to end Salvador, He will die exactly-"

The buzzing of the office phone cuts me off and I pick it up still fuming "Yes?"

"Mr Farrow is here,"

"Send him in,"

"Don't do anything you're gonna regret, this is not the time," Martin warns

"We'll see about that,"

Mr Farrow walks in trembling in his navy blue suit, his bald head shining under the light.

"Why the fuck haven't you finalized this deal?!" I yell at him and he stares at the floor shaking

"Ma'am," he starts shakily

"Fucking look at me!" I shout

He looks up at me and immediately I slap him hard.

"Davina,"

"Shut it, this is between me and this incompetent fool," I state still looking at a trembling Mr Farrow

"Get. Out. And the next time I see you, you had better come with an agreement or your funeral will be held right in my office." I fume

The door to my office closes quickly and Martin yanks at my arm "You. Shouldn't have done that." He looks at me still holding my arm

"I shouldn't but I did," I tell him shrugging his hand off me, leaving for the bathroom.

There's a short silence between I and Martin when I emerge from the bathroom and he speaks up again.

"Don't you think it's weird," He ponders

"What?"

"That Salvador hasn't attacked or sent any threats,"

"He proposed associates to The Walkers," I point out "Just like I did,"

"I know but that's not enough, I mean we raided his base, killed one of his top soldiers"

"He's probably trying to figure out a way to block either shipment or waiting for the walkers to accept his proposal, I think that's more than enough,"

"True," He shrugs "I'll see you later."

"Later." 
...

It's another Monday and luckily for me, I didn't have to see a certain man until today. I park in front of their mafia office and someone leads me inside as I stare in awe at the amazing, sleek, modern, and simply beautiful office. 

"Mr Wilson will be with you shortly." A lady smiles at me leading me into an office. 

"Miss. De La Rosa," Mr Wilson walks in smiling before extending his hand toward me.

"Mrs." I correct smiling shaking his hand and his warm hand wraps around mine gripping it firmly sending tingling sensations down the rest of my body. 

I quickly release my hand from his firm handshake and he raises an eyebrow but he doesn't question it before we leave together for a quick tour. 

"So this is the place where we train recruits to fight or anyone who wants to train." He shrugs and I look at two guys training, the lean guy almost beaten to a pulp. 

"So how is your mom?" He attempts to make a conversation and I shift my gaze to a certain brown eyes

"She's good," I smile remembering my lie and he nods

We finish our business without any unnecessary conversations and I'm glad he didn't ask any other personal questions. I head back to my office and finish working late before driving home, exhausted I switch out my work clothes for pyjamas.

Tossing and turning on the bed I stand up annoyed as a certain brown eye keeps popping into my memory, I bury my face in my hands and sigh trying to rub away the headache forming.

I glance at the clock which reads two am and I make my way to Carlos's room opening the door quietly I notice he's fast asleep. Sighing I walk back to my room dropping to the bare floor my head leaning against the bed frame.

...

Watching Antonio sleep, I push back the strands of hair covering his face and he opens his eyes holding my hand captive.

"Morning," I give him a wide smile

He replies by kissing me and I giggle

"You came home really late yesterday," I pout

"I had to deal with some emergency," He sighs

"Stay home today, please" I give him my best cute face and he's about to agree when his phone rings, and I look back and forth between him and the phone, knowing he won't stay home today.

Sighing I stand up from the bed "It's fine, I know you can't stay,"

"It's not my fault," he sighs "I'll make it up to you, I promise." And with that, he answers the phone call walking into the bathroom leaving me pissed.

...

"If only I understood then," I mutter to myself before standing up from the floor and trying to get some sleep again.

I've had an exhausting day and Cole Wilson needs to be the last thing on my mind.

Make me smile by clicking the star at the bottom of your screen :) 

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!!! ;)