Chapter 6

Cole's POV

"She's here, sir." The maid announces

"Okay, thanks." I dismiss her taking the file needed and heading downstairs to the business room.

I walk into the room and she stares at me with surprise leaving me confused. Her outfit is a bit too formal for a house meeting. Her ginger red hair tightly held back into a bun, her dressing impeccable with not a single imperfection. Her brown eyes penetrating and oozing confidence.

"Let's get to business," I smile taking a seat

She nods taking her sit back and opening a file.

"In case you're wondering, My dad, won't be able to make it for this meeting because he's ill," I inform her and she replies curtly.

She might be a Capo or whatever but damn she's way too straightforward, giving short replies and not a hint of a smile on her face. Although she's really smart and I can tell she is a talented leader.

"It's a pleasure doing business with you Miss. De La Rosa," I smile shaking her firm hand.

"It's Mrs. De La Rosa," She corrects me, I raise an eyebrow before she raises her left hand to show me her ring which glimmers in the sunlight and I nod in understanding.

She packs up her files before heading for the door.

"Please do send my regards to Mr. Wilson," She tells me before walking out.

"Sure,"

She might be a lady but she is intimidating but I can't find her intimidating because I have been in this business longer than she has.

A frown forms on my face as I recall my dad telling me her husband is dead so I wonder why she's still wearing a ring.

Maybe, my dad, had it all mixed up but if so why was she the one in charge of the mafia? Maybe her husband is ill.

Shrugging I walk out of the room and I notice my mom talking to Mrs. De La Rosa and I shake my head. My mom being a social and nice person can't help but engage in conversations with just about anyone.

I hear footsteps from the stairs and I notice my dad descend the stairs.

"Dad, you're not feeling too good." I walk over to him

"I'm better." He states firmly

"Well, where are you going?" I ask

"I want to see Miss. De La Rosa." He tells me and I lead him to where my mom is engaging her in a conversation.

We get close enough and I hear my mom speaking to her in Spanish. My mom studied in Spain, where she and my dad met. She came back to America with my dad to settle down. My father's dad didn't approve of the marriage but when he discovered her parents were also a part of the mafia he readily agreed.

I look back at Mrs. De La Rosa when she replies with an equally smooth accent. I stare at her back shocked. I guess she is Spanish, I should have thought about her name.

"Mr. Wilson," She smiles when we finally get close enough

"Mrs. De La Rosa, so nice to finally meet the great woman who made a powerful empire." My dad praises her and she smiles again probably proud of her accomplishment

"Thank you," she replies

"Why don't you stay for lunch?" My mom interjects smiling

"Ah, Mrs. Wilson I think I should leave." She replies

"It's just lunch, Mrs. De La Rosa, We can talk about business prospects." My dad informs her

She weighs her options before replying with a smile "Sure."