Chapter 30

"You fucking bastard!" I fume and Davina holds my wrist stopping me

Before I have time to react Max pulls out a gun and holds it to Tanya's head.

"Don't even move closer or I'll blow her fucking skull,"

"Oh my God! Max what are you doing?!" She struggles to remove his hand which is tightly wrapped around her neck. 

She's probably as surprised as I am and she claimed he loves her. Indeed he does. 

"I don't think you know who you're messing with," I tell him tightening my fist

"Ohh, I do Cole Wilson and Davina De La Rosa, two powerful mafias forming an alliance. One with a dead fiancée and the other with a dead husband" He smiles smugly

I present a blank face while different questions run through my mind. Could he be a part of the mafia? Or did Tanya tell him?

I take a quick glance at Davina and her face is expressionless.

"Who told you all these information?" Davina puts a hand on her hips

"I'm a member of Montana Cartel," He smirks

"You're part of the mafia!" Tanya gasps

I and Davina look at each other before bursting out into laughter. The thing is Montana Cartel is a very small mafia way at the bottom, so him trying to rob us is not possible because we would get him in the flick of any eye, and we could have their whole mafia destroyed with a single word. Smaller mafias never got in our way but I think they are trying to put an end to their slowly growing base. 

"Laugh all you want huh but help is coming soon, actually they are here," Max smirks and the rest of his gang stand in front of him covering him with their guns pointed towards us. A strategic pose. 

There was one thing I was sure of now, Max can't kill Tanya because he is from a really small mafia and that would ruin their whole organization.

Davina and I look at each other and as if on cue we both tactfully pull out our guns turning the place to a shooting arena.

We take positions behind my car to dodge the bullets but as soon as I see Max driving a car away I quickly maneuver my way out shooting the tires of the car and breaking the back window.

I quickly fish out my phone from the car to text Austin about their whereabouts and soon enough reinforcement arrive putting an end to the shootings.

We also manage to get an ashamed Tanya back and we head home.

Back at Gladwyne everyone is quiet in the room not knowing what to say. The doctor comes in to check her medicals and everything else. My dad, mom and Austin now know of Tanya's pregnancy but are all too shocked to say a word. Tanya falls asleep a while later and I head out to meet Davina.

"Thanks for all your help today, I appreciate it a lot." I tell her honestly staring into her eyes which seem tired

"It's no problem, I'm just glad she's fine,"

"Yeah,"

"Don't be too harsh on her okay?"

"I won't, Do you want me to drop you off at home then I can send your car tomorrow because you look tired,"

"Thanks," She smiles weakly "I'm fine..."

"Are you sure?" I ask skeptical of her driving skills with her heavy eye bags

"Yeah,"

"Okay let me just walk you out,"

As we make our way outside the house I tell Davina to hold on while I quickly change my shirt.

By the time I get outside Davina is leaning on the doorframe sleeping.

I chuckled to myself, and she said she was fit to drive. I shake my head, lightly tapping her on the shoulder she stirs and opens her eyes confused.

"Let's go," I tell her and she follows me no longer concerned about who is driving.

I fish out my car keys and start up the car while Davina is leaning against the car sleeping. She must be really exhausted.

Jogging over to the other side I tap her once, twice, thrice and she doesn't wake up. Gently opening the car door, I lower the seat to a sleeping position and managed to get her in the car with a few stirs from her but no complaints.

I heave a sigh as I manage to get her on the seat. My attention instantly turns to her face and her lips. She is so attractive and domineering. Her face looks softer in her sleep not the usual frown she wore on her face. There is a frown etched on her face currently but it was cute. I use my finger to straighten out the slight crease on her brow. My attention shifts to her lips again and my eyes flicker from her face to her mouth. God she is so beautiful and she knew it. She is confident, she never once doubts her beauty.

She stirs in her sleep changing the direction of her face to the side and I snap out of my trance jogging back to the driver's side of the car.

I drop Davina off at home making sure she gets to her room safe. Since she wasn't ready to open her eyes I and Sandra, the maid take her up to her room and I leave immediately not wanting to invade her personal space not before seeing Carlos. 

He looks a lot like his father, I smile to myself. 

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!!

Someone's pretty tired, Was Cole about to kiss her??

Who else thinks Cole is right about Davina??

One thing you wished you could change about Davina?

Vote comment and share! They mean the world to me :)