Chapter 60

Davina's POV

I wake up with a huge hangover and the smell of coffee pulls me up from the bed.

"I ordered coffee, I was afraid you wouldn't wake up soon and the coffee would get cold,"

"Thanks," I give him a small smile and for the first time, I stare at Martin taking in his dark brown eyes and the huge bags that lay under them.

"Are you okay?" I ask genuinely concerned

He looks taken aback by my question before putting on a reassuring smile "I'm good, I should be asking you,"

I sigh stirring my coffee "Do you have Aspirin?"

"Sorry, I forgot to give them to you," He walks over to the dresser opposite the bed returning with the aspirin in his hand.

"We're going to assemble the guys who are going to follow us to Mexico, then you'll make a call to the walkers that you need weapons."

"It's been three days since Carlos has been gone we need to act fast," He adds

"But first we need to get to my house, I need a couple of things,"

"Okay," I nod and we get changed before leaving

My phone buzzes on our way to Martin's house and it's a message from an unknown number. I take in a sharp breath before opening the message.

"What is it?" Martin inquires

I see you're not making any moves to get your son back how about I give you a gift, Birdway street, the abandoned house there, a gift is waiting for you.

"Bird way street," I tell him

"Are you sure it's safe?"

"You've got grenades in the car right?"

"Yeah,"

"And I have my gun, we're good,"

He makes a U-turn and we head for the street a heavy silence hanging between us.

Martin parks right in front of the abandoned building and I quickly undo my seat belt before he places a hand on my shoulder

"Keep your eyes open,"

We walk into the building a gun in my hand and Martin with grenades.

I walk into the building my eyes calculating and looking at every corner. I pick up the neatly wrapped gift.

"Let's go," I tell him and I walk out of the building the gun in front of me. I hear a crunch behind me and I turn around swiftly only to come face to face with Martin.

"C'mon!" I sigh and we jog back to the car leaving the area before opening the gift.

I open the first wrapping and a strange stench fills the car

"What the hell is that?" Martin scrunches his nose up his brows wrinkling to form a frown

The stench of whatever is in the package becomes stronger. I hold my breath unwrapping the so-called 'gift'.

I scream covering my eyes upon opening the present. The bloody heart stared at me. The blood dripping unto my top. 

Please vote comment and share!